Gaston's 2013

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Hs a date been set for this year?

I'm guessing it will fall on the 7th-9th of June this year. :D

Well, unless Diana is going to get back into it, seems like Lynn gets to step in and take it over, thereby getting to set the date!

It has usually been the week before Father's Day, which would make Lynn correct.

But I don't think it has "officially" been set.

If it helps speed up your research, it's not about those toenail pictures you used to post.

:blowingkisses:

p.s. I had to look up the word 'feted' before I knew how to respond. :D

So is June 7-9 a lock? I'd like to know so I can start making plans and reservations and such.

Determine which weekend is going to be the most humid, hottest, and most unbearable weather. That's the weekend it will be until someone besides me steps up and says "This is ridiculous, there are much better times of the year that stand a better chance to make it more enjoyable for more people."

Expect that to happen sometime around, oh, never.

Determine which weekend is going to be the most humid, hottest, and most unbearable weather. That's the weekend it will be until someone besides me steps up and says "This is ridiculous, there are much better times of the year that stand a better chance to make it more enjoyable for more people."

Expect that to happen sometime around, oh, never.

Oh, don't worry, Ed. It gets hotter in July and August.

Last year wasn't bad, actually, except I was in extreme pain because of a pinched nerve.

The one question I have is that, with Wings being pushed towards the last weekend of May/first weekend of June, should Gaston's be pushed? Laurie and I would like to attend both, but that will be harder to do if they're that close together.

It seems to me the issue is that nobody has set a date.

So, someone who's going to go and doesn't mind doing the organizing stuff needs to say "I'm taking care of it," start an "OFFICIAL GASTON'S 2013" thread, and say "This is when we're going."

That someone won't be me, because we won't be able to go during its normal June timeframe anyway.

I can't make it this year. daughter's getting married on the 15th. Considering how much time she and momma are putting into it, it's probably going to toast most of my year...at least thru the end of July.

I'm planning on being there the weekend of June 7th - 9th no matter if anyone else is or not. I like Gaston's and this weekend is my natural weekend off and a good one for me for a getaway. I like flying in and it never gets old for me. Maybe I'll see some of you there, or maybe... not. It will be a nice surprise if I do, or maybe... not. :rolleyes:

It will be a nice surprise if I do, or maybe... not.

Yeah, who wants to be around a bunch of cranking people anyway, huh Lynn?

...might be worth showing up just for Lynn! (grin)

I have it on my calendar for that weekend, but fear for a brewing schedule conflict. Hope to be wrong!

For wedding #1 I thought a spreadsheet to track cost vs. budget would be helpful, so I entered all the line items I could think of and showed it to those who were more actively involved in the planning. It was not enthusiastically received.

Undaunted, I waited until the first big shopping trip during spring break. When they returned home,

"Hi, how did it go?"

"Fine thanks, how was golf?"

"As usual. Did you spend much money?"

"Some."

"Really, about how much and for what?"

"About $1,200. For stamps."

"oh."

I can't make it this year. daughter's getting married on the 15th. Considering how much time she and momma are putting into it, it's probably going to toast most of my year...at least thru the end of July.

...might be worth showing up just for Lynn! (grin)

I have it on my calendar for that weekend, but fear for a brewing schedule conflict. Hope to be wrong!

Spike, you know you are always one of the nice surprises. I hope you can work it out with your schedule so you can make it! :yes:

Would love to go. Could be a great get away for Jeannette and I, but we have a graduation to host around that time frame so I am not so sure. We will have to see.

Hate to miss great company.

For wedding #1 I thought a spreadsheet to track cost vs. budget would be helpful, so I entered all the line items I could think of and showed it to those who were more actively involved in the planning. It was not enthusiastically received.

Undaunted, I waited until the first big shopping trip during spring break. When they returned home,

"Hi, how did it go?"

"Fine thanks, how was golf?"

"As usual. Did you spend much money?"

"Some."

"Really, about how much and for what?"

"About $1,200. For stamps."

"oh."

Weddings are a myriad of details, right down to the "LOVE" stamps that go on the invitations. It took me over a year to plan my wedding and it was quite the ordeal. Perhaps that is why it's a good thing to only get married once. No one wants to go through that kind of event planning more than once. It also pays to be young. It gives me a headache just thinking about doing it all over again. I guess it means I need to keep him. :rolleyes2:

LOVEstamp_zps067c2439.jpg

These look familiar! circa 1990. LOL. I'm old. :(

Last edited:
I still have no idea how much either of them cost, and never will. Couldn't help notice, however, that the North Texas University Symphony Orchestra played at the ceremony for #2 in contrast to the string quartet for #1.

Weddings are a myriad of details, right down to the "LOVE" stamps that go on the invitations. It took me over a year to plan my wedding and it was quite the ordeal. Perhaps that is why it's a good thing to only get married once. No one wants to go through that kind of event planning more than once. It also pays to be young. It gives me a headache just thinking about doing it all over again. :rolleyes2:

Thankfully, Chris and I just got married. My first her second...and since it was her second, she wasn't into making it a spectacle. We called immediate family and a few close friends and told them if they want to come then fine but no gifts. We had maybe 10 in attendance.

That's the way to get married :thumbsup:

Now back to Gaston's.

I have it on my calendar, but had to cancel last year when family stuff got in the way. Trying to make sure that won't happen again before making reservations this year and possibly letting some folks down (g).

Best,

Dave

Weddings are a myriad of details, right down to the "LOVE" stamps that go on the invitations. It took me over a year to plan my wedding and it was quite the ordeal. Perhaps that is why it's a good thing to only get married once. No one wants to go through that kind of event planning more than once. It also pays to be young. It gives me a headache just thinking about doing it all over again. I guess it means I need to keep him. :rolleyes2:

LOVEstamp_zps067c2439.jpg

These look familiar! circa 1990. LOL. I'm old. :(

You are not old!!!

I am old!!!

Looks like Karen will be singing with her quartet at the Colorado Rockies game on the 7th.

I'm also on-call that weekend, but I could maybe work around that, if it weren't for the Rockies game. Humph.

What are the typical activities at and around Gaston's? I am in for just getting out of the city, but swmbo is not keen on fishing or swimming. Boutique shopping in town?

If she's really into Walmart and Dollar Store, she will be in hog heaven. Well, they're actually more into hog hunting in that area, so she might take up a new hobby.
What are the typical activities at and around Gaston's? I am in for just getting out of the city, but swmbo is not keen on fishing or swimming. Boutique shopping in town?

Mainly, sitting next to the runway and socializing. And some plane flying, drinking, and eating, in that order. Some do go out fishing, walking the nature trails. There has in the past been a poker run to some nearby airports. We've also had baking contests.

Thankfully, Chris and I just got married. My first her second...and since it was her second, she wasn't into making it a spectacle. We called immediate family and a few close friends and told them if they want to come then fine but no gifts. We had maybe 10 in attendance.

That's the way to get married :thumbsup:

Now back to Gaston's.

Same here.

No Gaston's for me. Too far for a weekend, and the wx is a bit too unpredictable that time of year. Have fun all!

Back