Gaston's 2013 Arrival Thread

Uh...it's not a demonstration,free plane (g). Spike will have plenty of chances to fly with me. We asked a few others. Will be cleaning stuff off the bird and filters. It's a lot of work and expense to fly in there. Most have no idea.

Best,

Dave

Dave, please don't that was complaining coming from me. I don't even want to think about the cost of just taking a lap around the pattern in that beautiful thing. It was great meeting you, and I hope to see you again some time -- but not because you fly a KA. :) If I'd really wanted to see the inside, I'd have asked.

Not directed toward anyone. Just can't take anyone up anytime. I extended some invites and asked who wanted to go when I could. Sorry if that didn't fit all, but I did get quite a few folks up.

Best,

Dave

I had a bunch of KA right seat time when I was with O'Reilly...before I even started to learn to fly.

So, I just hung out...didn't even ask to go. Not that it's not cool. It is. But others who haven't experienced it needed to far more than I.

Uh...it's not a demonstration,free plane (g). Spike will have plenty of chances to fly with me. We asked a few others. Will be cleaning stuff off the bird and filters. It's a lot of work and expense to fly in there. Most have no idea.

Best,

Dave

I will speak up and say one of the neat things about the weekend was you demonstrating use of your trend log. That can be a useful tool for any aircraft owner.

And the "how to get your IFR clearance" and flight on the way home. Definitely aided in my understanding of how that gets done.

Thank you again for your generosity!! :yes:

Last edited:
Wait! Is Spike the ONLY one who didn't get stick time in the KA?

Spike, being to consummate gentleman he is, allowed another to get right seat time after he had been extended an invitation. A second time, he inquired about Tommy flying. Always interesting how these things work out. I went up a second time specifically so he and Tommy could fly. Others joined and he deferred to them. So, I'll invite him on another occasion. I guess everyone was having fun and might not have thought I asked Spike to fly.

Best,

Dave

Spike, being to consummate gentleman he is, allowed another to get right seat time after he had been extended an invitation. A second time, he inquired about Tommy flying. Always interesting how these things work out. I went up a second time specifically so he and Tommy could fly. Others joined and he deferred to them. So, I'll invite him on another occasion. I guess everyone was having fun and might not have thought I asked Spike to fly.

Best,

Dave

Dave, just to make clear I was just happy to have a ride. I had fun watching Tommy flying. He did a amazing job for his first time. There will be chances in the future to catch up with you. I didn't mean to seem like I was trying to block Spike when we dropped Mike off. I had no idea the flight was for him and Tommy. I think everyone got caught up in the moment.

I don't want this to ruin chances of you bringing the King Air back next year.

Hey Dave,

Just wanted to pop in and say I think I got sit at the best table at dinner.

Keep in touch.

Steve

Dave, just to make clear I was just happy to have a ride. I had fun watching Tommy flying. He did a amazing job for his first time. There will be chances in the future to catch up with you. I didn't mean to seem like I was trying to block Spike when we dropped Mike off. I had no idea the flight was for him and Tommy. I think everyone got caught up in the moment.

I don't want this to ruin chances of you bringing the King Air back next year.

We'll work it out. Nice to meet you. Seemed like a very poised, accomplished lady with you.

Best,

Dave

We'll work it out. Nice to meet you. Seemed like a very poised, accomplished lady with you.

Best,

Dave

Thanks, I keep getting told she's a keeper. :D

Greg kept telling me that I had lost her at dinner. She said that she had a wonderful time talking to all of you." She would post but she's not sure she has been activated yet.

Since we filed for her passport today we will be able to visit you, Mike, Spike and Tommy. You know how those Dallas visa rules are.... :D

How did my girlfriend treat y'all at dinner? :)

I'm in love! I may be old, but I'm not dead!

Seriously, if you're ever down this way (MS) shoot me an email or contact me thru FB and we'll get you some stick time in the IAR. Or, if there's a fly-in/airshow in your area I'd be happy to make a run. Always looking for an excuse to fly.

I would have stayed longer at Gaston's but I needed to get home before the wx was going to make it a long day.

Steve

Hey Dave,

Just wanted to pop in and say I think I got sit at the best table at dinner.

Keep in touch.

Steve

How did my girlfriend treat y'all at dinner? :)

I'm in love! I may be old, but I'm not dead!

Steve

Four crusty old masters of the smooth talk, and she was not fooled. I think we might have arm-wrestled over her, had she asked! :D

---

Andrew: Take care of that one! She's a sweetie!

Steve,

Glad you stopped by. Didn't know you were leaving early until I heard all the racket and figured it couldn't be anybody else. Hope to see you at Ada next year.

Y'all be careful now, y'hear, and say hey to mom and all them.

Four crusty old masters of the smooth talk, and she was not fooled. I think we might have arm-wrestled over her, had she asked! :D

---

Andrew: Take care of that one! She's a sweetie!

Lol! Careful, I just might next time. ;p

And so, the sandwich thief pokes her head in...

Wayne it would have been making all that early morning racket, but I'm just not a morning person, and pushed my alarm back an hour.

Spike and I watched your takeoff and commented that the grass and trees seem to absorb some of the sound. Or maybe your 250 just likes grass strips.

No matter what they say I still think she bribed the waitress.;)

And so, the sandwich thief pokes her head in...

I

Wayne it would have been making all that early morning racket, but I'm just not a morning person, and pushed my alarm back an hour.

Spike and I watched your takeoff and commented that the grass and trees seem to absorb some of the sound. Or maybe your 250 just likes grass strips.

I've had a number of passengers comment on how quiet the engine is. I dunno, still pretty raucous when the headsets are off. It does like grass though.

If being cute was required to get lunch there, I'd still be waiting.

Nahh, it was one of the male helpers that brought it out. He just thought she was far cuter than you.

How to download full size photos of you or your plane:

1. Click on the photo you like from within the set

2. Click on the three dots you see underneath the photo

3. Select "view all sizes" from the menu there.

4. A page will come up with many links at the top.

5. Select "Original Size" from the links at the top.

6. A large image will display. Click on the link that says "download original size image."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/iflylikeagirl/sets/72157634060135751/

That's only the SLR photos. I'll have the cell phone photos and videos in the next few days.

Kimberly

Tim: you're never gonna letme live that down are you? I can believe the male server being somewhat distracted but seriously. :p

Wayne: I'm really sorry about that. I've already told andrew this and I'm telling you the same, I'm buying your lunch next time to make up for it.

And thank you so much for flying me! :D I'm really looking forward to the next time we meet and I hope to fly again!

Steve,

Glad you stopped by. Didn't know you were leaving early until I heard all the racket and figured it couldn't be anybody else. Hope to see you at Ada next year.

Y'all be careful now, y'hear, and say hey to mom and all them.

Roger that.

Right now Ada 2014 is indeterminate as I'm planning to be at the La Ferte-Alais airshow ( http://www.ajbs.fr/en/ ) which may be the same weekend as Ada. Which means it may be the same weekend as Gaston's, too.

But I'm going to try to make the Temple show next year.

And who knows, maybe we'll see you at OSH?

Best,

Dave

I've run some numbers. ;) Heh.

You're an extremely generous person, Dave.

I'm guessing if you'd have asked someone to spilt costs with you (per our neverending threads about that and the Chief Counsel's rulings from on high... Ha) they would have run away screaming. :)

Loved the photos and videos.

Haven't seen hide nor hair of the parabolic demonstration floating duck. Thought I seen everything, but.....
Great to see all. David is a great stick and rudder guy. Greg got King Air Current. Kim and Becka got some turbine time. Sorry I wasn't there when a couple others wanted to fly.
That was the best weather weekend as far as temp I remember.
Nice to catch up with all.

Best,

Dave

Dave, I finally got parabolic. I'm posting all the photos and videos to another thread, and haven't seen you write anything in that thread, perhaps you haven't seen it?

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60346

Back