Here is a video I put together with some photos and whatnot from this year:

Really? Paradise City?
It's actually a good song, just would have never tied it to Gaston's. :p

Last edited:
Lame - your oil door is closed :D

LOL - is that ice on the windscreen?

Really? Paradise City?
Eh, lack of music, and didn't want to try and find any :)

Lame - your oil door is closed :D

That was my first thought, as well- funny what sticks in your mind!

Nice work, Jesse.

Darn,.. that makes me miss the trip even more. And now I have this burning feeling in my wallet to go get my IR. The first sequence of video was great!

Thanks for sharing :)

I like the way you get on the centerline >1/2 mile out, took me a while to figure that out. Otherwise your view of the runway is obscured til you turn the 'corner'.

I like the way you get on the centerline >1/2 mile out, took me a while to figure that out. Otherwise your view of the runway is obscured til you turn the 'corner'.
Yeah, I can see the runway for the vast majority of the pattern. I like being close on downwind because I can tell for sure if someone is going to depart in front of me. Flying the power-lines works pretty well, and I've done it in a Bonanza there several times without issue. It is visually easy as well, you can follow the power lines all the way from the dam on crosswind, to downwind, etc.

That's what threw me for a loop on my first approach. I cut my base WAAY too short trying to stay away from the north-side ridge, so when I actually got lined up with the runway, I was WAAAY too stinkin high. I tried to get the 172 to drop like the RV does, but it didn't like that idea very much. So I had to go around... :rolleyes: Yes, I was that moron that did a 'low pass' in the brown 172 Saturday afternoon.

Really? Paradise City?

Well, the grass is green, and the girls are pretty! :D

web.jpg

And with all those airplanes and pilots - Definitely paradise! :yes:

Here is the rest of mine. Sorry to pollute your thread Jesse, couldn't locate the other 2 vid threads.
I spent an hour at the threshold of 24 Satpm. The vid is 9 mins. I included credits where I was familiar/could see on the tiny preview screen who it was.

The Colt is Mark (GrandpaMark)

The ??? at 3:05 I believe is Jay in the Zodiac, N55ZC

The ??? at 6:40 I believe is Felix in N1913L

Here is the rest of mine.
I spent an hour at the threshold of 24 Satpm. The vid is 9 mins.
Dave, thanks! How neat! What a different and fun perspective of the fly-in! I've watched it three times now. :) And, yay...the Citabria finally made it into a video! Woohoo! :)

It's interesting the different noises the different airplanes make taking off and landing. The Colt and Citabrias made whistling noises...wonder if that's the brace wires singing??

That last landing on the video was one heck of a smoooooth landing in the Citabria. Nice!

Dave, thanks! How neat! What a different and fun perspective of the fly-in! I've watched it three times now. :) And, yay...the Citabria finally made it into a video! Woohoo! :)

It's interesting the different noises the different airplanes make taking off and landing. The Colt and Citabrias made whistling noises...wonder if that's the brace wires singing??

That last landing on the video was one heck of a smoooooth landing in the Citabria. Nice!
Thanks! I think. :D Bruce landed the Citabria there once and Lance landed it once, too. But, I'll take the credit for it if it looks good! :smilewinkgrin:

Looked more like a gentle slip to me...
Looked like a nice slip to me too. :D I remember slipping it in once, and don't know about Bruce and can't remember if Lance did or not.

Oh, to have some artistic talent. Thanks guys. I enjoyed this.

I see my ugly bird was kept off camera.

I see my ugly bird was kept off camera.

What was it about brown that made airplane manufacturers think that color would sell?? Scarpelli's Comanche is also brown...must be the same vintage...:frown2:

thats not original paint. someone CHOSE that scheme.

if'n I knew how to recapture the wmv as a moviemaker file I would, and insert the corrections. Alas, I am an idiot.

thats not original paint. someone CHOSE that scheme.

Well, I think it's probably still better than the original "Palm Beach" paint schemes that some Comanches had. Think lots of pastel colors. I recently saw one for sale that still had the original pastel blue plastics inside. :vomit:

Well, I think it's probably still better than the original "Palm Beach" paint schemes that some Comanches had. Think lots of pastel colors. I recently saw one for sale that still had the original pastel blue plastics inside. :vomit:

The colors on the Aztec aren't so hot either, in my opinion. The white is fine, but the light blue and yellow/gold (whatever you want to call it) I'm not a fan of. My friend has a really nice paint job on his Travel Air. I'd like something like that when I go to have my plane repainted eventually.

I often wonder what people are thinking when they choose colors and paint schemes on planes.

Someone WAY more boring than you...got any ideas for new paint, Ed?

Lotsa ideas, but not sure if they are worth $10k to do em.

Maybe we need a photshop contest to paint the plane.

I often wonder what people are thinking when they choose colors and paint schemes on planes.

If you make it to OSH, make a stroll through the RV (airplane, not driving kind) area - you'll be AMAZED at some of the paint schemes people come up with! Some are REALLY cool with a lot of detail work, while others........

Back