Garmin's iPad app

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
It requires iOS 5, so this means a 2-3 hour download on my DSL line. Guess I won't be trying it out anytime soon.

Anyone here using it yet? Opinions? The anticipated ForeFlight v WingX v Garmin discussion?

Its pretty nice but it isn't all the way there yet. I think the UI trumps ForeFlight, but not the usability. I won't be buying a subscription for it anytime soon.

Don't forget -- if you have an older iPad -- you know, 18 months older -- Apple has made sure that iOS5 is incompatible.

As a result, millions of us can't use Garmin's app simply because of Apple's dastardly planned obsolescence . :mad2:

Don't forget -- if you have an older iPad -- you know, 18 months older -- Apple has made sure that iOS5 is incompatible.

As a result, millions of us can't use Garmin's app simply because of Apple's dastardly planned obsolescence . :mad2:

What are you talking about? iOS 5 is not incompatible with any iPad. I'm running iOS 5.1 (the latest) on my bought-it-the-very-first-day original iPad.

Compatible? Yes. Slow? Yup. It's how the computer industry has always worked - You've gotta buy the new hardware so it can handle the new software, or you've gotta deal with some slowness.

I like it, but it needs a few updates. 'Didn't have terrain or a notepad. Split-screen with airport and weax info was neat. Especially loved the "NavTrak" slider that shows weax and airport info as the flight progresses. I couldn't find a way to kill a route/flightplan once you activated one. It seemed like you had to replace it with another flight. Sometimes I don't want a plan, I just want a moving map. For sure, check out the trial. Anywhere Map looks interesting, too - but they don't have a trial. (both of these work on iPad and Android).

?????????? I just grabbed my girl friend's iPad 1 to make sure I wasn't crazy but it is running 5.1 without any problems. I do keep multitasking gestures turn off on it. The iPad 1 is too slow with them on.

?????????? I just grabbed my girl friend's iPad 1 to make sure I wasn't crazy but it is running 5.1 without any problems. I do keep multitasking gestures turn off on it. The iPad 1 is too slow with them on.

Interesting! I was obviously fed some misinformation -- by a guy who is usually VERY pro-Apple and very tech savvy.

I will have to check this out. Thanks for setting me straight!

Not much action here but the Garmin app is pretty nice. The split screen feature lets you have Alt,heading,vsi, vor OR you can have it show frequencies and airport info. The nice part is it updates to nearest airport info/awos along your route. I don't have much experience with fore flight but overall this is a nice, easy to use app.

What are you talking about? iOS 5 is not incompatible with any iPad. I'm running iOS 5.1 (the latest) on my bought-it-the-very-first-day original iPad.

Compatible? Yes. Slow? Yup. It's how the computer industry has always worked - You've gotta buy the new hardware so it can handle the new software, or you've gotta deal with some slowness.

Hmmm.... After reading this:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17790279?searchText=original ipad+iOS 5#17790279

...I'm thinking I'll pass. :yikes:

Between that, and having to reload that POS software, iTunes, back onto my laptop, this "upgrade" now falls into the "too much like work" category...

I had iOS 5 on both an iPhone 3G and the iPad 1. Neither were "painfully" slow, but iPad 3 so smokes iPad 1 on processor power and display quality, that it makes it *seem* worse than it really is. ;)

Typical of every computer upgrade I've ever purchased. There's zero incentive for software developers to optimize code for speed for older hardware as long as the industry is based off of continuous hardware upgrades.

Apple deserves no particular ill will in this regard. Your last year's products from every other manufacturer are obsolete the second you buy them, too.

Sure, I still have my Toshiba laptop from 1992. No, I wouldn't even think about loading Windows 8 on it. In fact, it wouldn't do it. Neither will the other three or five or um... More?... machines in my basement. (I've been slowly recycling them. Do they have AA for computer hardware addiction? "Hi, I'm Nate and I'm an addict...")

Hmmm.... After reading this:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/17790279?searchText=original ipad+iOS 5#17790279

...I'm thinking I'll pass. :yikes:

Between that, and having to reload that POS software, iTunes, back onto my laptop, this "upgrade" now falls into the "too much like work" category...

I'm not sure about that discussion, but I can say that I had no issue upgrading my original iPad to iOS 5. The upgrade did take quite a while to complete, from what I recall.

Contrary to some other reports, I seem to recall a slight INCREASE in speed with iOS 5 itself, although ForeFlight has become slightly slower over time as they've continued to add features.

If you don't like iTunes, iOS 5 essentially "unchains" you from it by enabling software updates directly from the iPad.

JKG

If you don't like iTunes, iOS 5 essentially "unchains" you from it by enabling software updates directly from the iPad.

JKG

That alone makes it worth pursuing. The iPad-iTunes link has been laughably bad, probably one of the worst ideas in the short history of computers.

I dumped WingX and FF for the Garmin App, when they add terrain, it will be perfect, gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling since my Aera was stolen. I fly mostly VFR in the mountains and use it for my instrument training. I'm on the $10.00 per month plan right now since my IFR certs are due and I have to re-upp my panel mount database for another year.

That alone makes it worth pursuing. The iPad-iTunes link has been laughably bad, probably one of the worst ideas in the short history of computers.

I never understood the vitriol directed at iTunes, and never had an issue with the iTunes->iOS connection, although it was mildly annoying that such a tether was required in order to backup or update the iPad. Now, those issues are gone, as even backups can done via iCloud if desired.

Using iTunes as a base for the iOS devices certainly seems to be a better idea than building and supporting a separate application for that purpose, especially since those devices were intended to sync media with a PC. I'm not sure that Apple anticipated the swiftness by which the iPad would supplant a traditional laptop for many folks.

JKG

I never understood the vitriol directed at iTunes, and never had an issue with the iTunes->iOS connection, although it was mildly annoying that such a tether was required in order to backup or update the iPad. Now, those issues are gone, as even backups can done via iCloud if desired.

Using iTunes as a base for the iOS devices certainly seems to be a better idea than building and supporting a separate application for that purpose, especially since those devices were intended to sync media with a PC. I'm not sure that Apple anticipated the swiftness by which the iPad would supplant a traditional laptop for many folks.

JKG

You're right. The OS, and the silly gymnastics required to add/delete files through iTunes, made it readily apparent that Apple really had no idea how popular and successful the iPad would be.

I'm glad they've cut the umbilical cord to iTunes. One of these days, when I have five hours to dink around, I will update my iPad I to OS 5.1.

If Garmin is making a top of the market piece of software for equipment that isn't theirs, it'll be a first in my experience of using every other piece they've made since they started.

If Garmin is making a top of the market piece of software for equipment that isn't theirs, it'll be a first in my experience of using every other piece they've made since they started.

Digital Cyclone is who's doing it, I don't know the ins and outs of their business mission or how integrated with Garmin proper they are, Garmin's been sweeping the country looking for iOS developers though, they're still hiring...

Another plus of iOS 5 if you still have reasons to sync the iOS devices with iTunes is that you can do it over WiFi. No more USB cable which was a huge pet peeve of mine in the iOS 4 days.

Now every time I plug the iPad into power on the nightstand it goes hunting for its iTunes machine and starts a sync. The only downside is that even over 5 GHz wide-channel 802.11n, it still takes quite a while to back up a 64GB iPad. And every sync starts (probably rightly so) with a backup.

post deleted

Last edited:
I just downloaded the 30day free trial and I can't figure out a way change the departure and destination airports?

I normally use Foreflight and decided to check out how this works, so far I think it is extremely not user friendly.

Always has been my finding with Garmin software products, cludgy interfaces and feature poor.

You're right. The OS, and the silly gymnastics required to add/delete files through iTunes, made it readily apparent that Apple really had no idea how popular and successful the iPad would be.

I'm glad they've cut the umbilical cord to iTunes. One of these days, when I have five hours to dink around, I will update my iPad I to OS 5.1.

If Apple didn't think the iPad would be wildly successful, they wouldn't have done it. Apple isn't in the habit of launching products that fizzle.

The iPad was also designed to be a "cloud centric" device, as opposed to a PC which is centered around local file storage and manipulation. The problem was that Apple didn't have the cloud service until they launched iCloud. Even now, local file storage is app dependent, and it isn't necessarily easy to store or manipulate local files. Apple is right about this design, by the way, but the "cloud" side really hasn't matured enough to make widescale adoption practical, in my opinion. It is going to happen; it's just a matter of time.

JKG

If Apple didn't think the iPad would be wildly successful, they wouldn't have done it. Apple isn't in the habit of launching products that fizzle.

Lisa and Newton are two that pop to mind. Then there was that whole period of failure when Jobs was out for awhile. Apple is done by the end of the decade.

Lisa and Newton are two that pop to mind. Then there was that whole period of failure when Jobs was out for awhile. Apple is done by the end of the decade.

It is amazing in the longer history how seemingly unmovable players become just a memory of their former selves. I tend to agree.

They lost me at iCloud. I have no need to increase my monthly bills when I can already get all that quality integration and access for free now.

There is good reason Apple is aggressively litigious with Samsung right now. You can't close the gates and it is not a winning strategy for Apple.

Lisa was, what, early 80s? Newton was maybe a decade later. Both products were ahead of their time, and provided proof of concept for later successful products produced by Apple and other companies.

Yeah, Apple was going to be done by the end of the 80s, then it was 90s, then it was last decade. You guys who know it all sure seem to have a poor track record when it comes to predicting their failure. They'll surely run out of ideas now that Jobs is dead and no one else on the planet has any good ones. On the other hand, if they end up hiring a bunch of MBAs to run the place, I might have to agree with you.

They've had very few bombs in the past 15 years, the Mac Cube (or whatever it was called) being about the only one I can recall. In the process, they've redefined and transformed entire industries, and the way that we all use technology, whether we use their devices or not.

JKG

Lisa was, what, early 80s? Newton was maybe a decade later. Both products were ahead of their time, and provided proof of concept for later successful products produced by Apple and other companies.

Yeah, Apple was going to be done by the end of the 80s, then it was 90s, then it was last decade. You guys who know it all sure seem to have a poor track record when it comes to predicting their failure. They'll surely run out of ideas now that Jobs is dead and no one else on the planet has any good ones. On the other hand, if they end up hiring a bunch of MBAs to run the place, I might have to agree with you.

They've had very few bombs in the past 15 years, the Mac Cube (or whatever it was called) being about the only one I can recall. In the process, they've redefined and transformed entire industries, and the way that we all use technology, whether we use their devices or not.

JKG

Jobs didn't have ideas, ideas are easy and everywhere, Jobs had vision, and that's considerably more rare than ideas. Yeah yeah, anyone can measure up, so why isn't every company like Apple?

They lost me at iCloud. I have no need to increase my monthly bills when I can already get all that quality integration and access for free now.

There is good reason Apple is aggressively litigious with Samsung right now. You can't close the gates and it is not a winning strategy for Apple.

iCloud is free, at least up to a certain amount of storage.

The reality is that Google, Samsung, and others ripped off Apple's best ideas and essentially gave them away for free to gain market share. However, such is life in the technology business. I'm sure that the sting of betrayal for Apple was more harsh due to the fact that Samsung was and is one of Apple's larges component suppliers. Likewise with Google, whom Jobs supposedly mentored in the early days, and whose former CEO, Eric Schmidt, once sat on Apples's board. Just goes to show that there are few "friends" in business.

That all being said, I've been on a decades-long search for products that work as well as Apple's for less money. Haven't found them on the PC side, and haven't found them on the portable devices, either. Windows has improved dramatically, and I've had hardware from all the top manufacturers, but no one has been able to make things work quite as well as the company who makes both the hardware and the software. Since I have little time for troubleshooting these days, any premium in price is worth it to have a device that just works with no fuss.

JKG

Jobs didn't have ideas, ideas are easy and everywhere, Jobs had vision, and that's considerably more rare than ideas. Yeah yeah, anyone can measure up, so why isn't every company like Apple?

Vision, ideas, same thing. Apple has been sucessful because they've been willing to take big risks with ideas that other companies wouldn't take--it's that simple. That has been true throughout their history. Jobs finally figured out that the key to consistency is to focus on those things that no one else is doing well, and discard everything else.

Apple's darkest days came when they quit taking risks and tried to run the company like other big business. If that culture changes again, it's going to get tough for them, as it would for any business which has been built on taking such risks.

I remember reading about how Southwest Airlines was done when Herb retired. I realize that he's still alive, but so far, they've done well without him from what I can tell. Continental, well, I hear that's turned out differently. Company culture plays a key roll in the prognosis, and culture can't be defined on a spreadsheet.

JKG

is worth it to have a device that just works with no fuss.

JKG

LMFAO! I've never used an IDE as buggy as Xcode (having a ton of experience with VS, Eclipse and JDeveloper,that's saying A LOT) iBooks dumps all your PDFs and loses them all without prejudice, iTunes refuses to sync about 80% of the time, does really stupid sh-- like trying to sync an 800GB music library with a 32GB iPhone, restores programs that I deleted months ago, and complicates everything with it's mundane restrictions for anyone wanting to do anything outside what Apple intended. Just works my ass... put the kool-aid down. iThings are successful 5% because they have dead simple interfaces that morons can figure out and 95% because those same morons eat up the marketing (I own a Mac and iPhone and an iPad) .. Jobs was smart because he realized this.

You also do realize that Apple exists today solely because Jobs ripped off any and everybody he could, Starting with Xerox and his best friend. Not to mention their "sue any and everyone" strategies of quelling competition.

Last edited:
iCloud is free, at least up to a certain amount of storage.

The reality is that Google, Samsung, and others ripped off Apple's best ideas and essentially gave them away for free to gain market share. However, such is life in the technology business. I'm sure that the sting of betrayal for Apple was more harsh due to the fact that Samsung was and is one of Apple's larges component suppliers. Likewise with Google, whom Jobs supposedly mentored in the early days, and whose former CEO, Eric Schmidt, once sat on Apples's board. Just goes to show that there are few "friends" in business.

That all being said, I've been on a decades-long search for products that work as well as Apple's for less money. Haven't found them on the PC side, and haven't found them on the portable devices, either. Windows has improved dramatically, and I've had hardware from all the top manufacturers, but no one has been able to make things work quite as well as the company who makes both the hardware and the software. Since I have little time for troubleshooting these days, any premium in price is worth it to have a device that just works with no fuss.

JKG
Not true - iTunes match vs. google music (one of the things I use the most). I like Google's offerings far better than the iCloud stuff. I think the crying from Jobs about smart phones is nothing but too big an ego. I don't see the history on this, as written by Apple, to be true. I do agree, the only computer I have ever liked and have used for over 20 yrs are Apple computers. Macbook is the best computer available. iOS, not so much - I prefer android.

Last edited:
LMFAO! I've never used an IDE as buggy as Xcode (having a ton of experience with VS, Eclipse and JDeveloper,that's saying A LOT)

Maybe true. Eclipse is impressive software. JDeveloper is meh.

iBooks dumps all your PDFs and loses them all without prejudice

Definitely not true, I have PDFs that have been synced since probably the iTunes 9 days? And through at least four iOS devices...

iTunes refuses to sync about 80% of the time

Never seen it fail to sync ever here. Since clear back to my first B&W iPod and the iPod Color which are both still working. You using the Windows version?

does really stupid sh-- like trying to sync an 800GB music library with a 32GB iPhone

Never seen that either. It of course is your responsibility to click on the Music tab and tell it what to sync or not sync... that hasn't changed in years. Not difficult. If it starts to sync with things set the wrong way (by you), just hit cancel and fix it.

restores programs that I deleted months ago

Never seen that except at iOS 4 to 5 upgrade and it was because that was a complete wipe and reload which was very clearly documented. If you don't want an App, delete it from your iTunes library. It's pretty hard to sync something that doesn't exist.

Delete from the device is just a flag in the Library. The Library -- up until iCloud started tracking purchases -- was your Master copy of anything. Delete it there, it was gone. Not a difficult concept.

and complicates everything with it's mundane restrictions for anyone wanting to do anything outside what Apple intended.

Are you talking about media restrictions imposed by legions of Intellectual Property Rights lawyers or something else? Not sure what specifically your complaint here is. What is it that you want to do that you can't?

Just works my ass... put the kool-aid down. iThings are successful 5% because they have dead simple interfaces that morons can figure out and 95% because those same morons eat up the marketing (I own a Mac and iPhone and an iPad) .. Jobs was smart because he realized this.

The promise of the IT/Computer industry has been forever that these devices will make your life easier, that you can do things you want to do, and the technology won't get in the way.

Most of us old-timers knew all along that DOS machines and Unix machines don't do that by a long shot without serious training or self-study. It was, and for most software is, a complete lie by the industry.

An example I've had to say time and time again to people would be... "Oh, your Windows machine has this thing we call a 'Registry' and when it gets screwed up I hope you have backups or all your software installation media do we can reinstall your whole machine." ... as one example.

Apple turned that into "Turn on Time Machine, follow instructions to set it up, and forget about it. If you have to reload your machine, the OS installer will ask you if you have a Time Machine backup and the machine will be reloaded identically to where it was before your hard drive crashed. Heck our OS installer will even ask if you're upgrading to a new machine and give you three ways of copying the old one to the new one so you can pick up right where you left off."

That's just one example of the commitment to getting the tech out of an average user's way.

I don't see that as anything bad. Most techie folks lament the fact that "users are morons" but isn't the tech SUPPOSED to make it easier for even morons to get stuff done with their computers?

What is your goal here? To make computers even more difficult for average people? Should everyone on the planet need three or four layers of computer gurus available to them to fix things and/or do things like incremental backups with de-duplication and a simple graphical interface to recover things they deleted by themselves?

THAT is what the "morons" mean by "just works". They don't have to call you or me to set up backups, or show them how to restore from them. They don't have to ask us how to load drivers so they can even plug in a device to USB and have it work. If they buy Apple stuff the integration is already done for them.

(And I'll be the first to admit, iTunes for Windows blows... maybe it shouldn't, but it's definitely not the primary focus at Apple. iTunes for Mac behaves very well.)

But as far as "eating up the marketing", sure. It's what the computer industry has promised since the 80's. Nothing has changed there. Apple just gets closer to delivering the promise each year. Microsoft? Not even trying. Maybe Windows Phone 8, but still light years behind for user simplicity on Windows 8 itself. Office is still the major reason to run Windows. Nothing else really sticks out as a killer App that only Windows has. Some nice work on security in Win 8... But the average user doesn't care.

You also do realize that Apple exists today solely because Jobs ripped off any and everybody he could, Starting with Xerox and his best friend. Not to mention their "sue any and everyone" strategies of quelling competition.

Welcome to Silicon Valley. Gates sold vaporware to IBM to start his business, Shuttleworth threw money at Debian developers to create a new distro instead of just working with the original organization, RedHat sells subscriptions to free software and claims it's for "support", Zuckerberg stole his ideas from the twins and tossed his partner in the street to suffer trying to build a copy of Facebook until he committed suicide a few weeks ago in depression and despair, Larry Ellison destroys his competition with Marketing perennially with a mediocre RDBMS, Cisco... wow, let's not even go there. They're not just a company, they've built a religion far more powerful than Apple has. Try convincing any IT shop not to use Cisco gear in the core. Rare. Or Google? Absolutely ruthless business there.

We could name all the non-ruthless or companies that stopped being ruthless. They're all dead or walking dead. Tandy, Commodore, Amiga, Novell, Foundry Networks (kinda), US Robotics, Hayes, Yahoo (still confused about what they're trying to accomplish), AltaVista (remember them?), AOL (dead walking since Time-Warner bought the scraps), etc.

The ruthless companies were the grandchildren of TI, Motorola, Dallas Semiconductor, and all those old electronics engineering companies were ruthless and ate their own young in the 70s too. Telecoms, same thing.

And the great-granddaddy of them all in many respects... IBM. With a patent book that would take up acres if printed and a fleet of lawyers defending them. Think old man Cray thought they played fair? Ha.

The list of Asperger's Syndrome "great IT leaders" is pretty much all of them. Silicon Valley breeds sociopathic leadership. Definitely not limited to Jobs or Apple. None of this is new. It really shouldn't be such a shock to anyone. Any company not run by a sociopath in Silicon Valley is destined for mediocre returns on investment or failure.

Banks are similar. Egos large enough in their leadership to truly believe they deserved bailouts when their best work utterly failed.

Politics? Insane egos there. Not a shred of remorse at lying to your face to buy your vote.

We're a nation that pretends there's fair play and morals on TV (cop shows always catch the bad guys, business shows always show the "hard working" leaders starting businesses in their garages, etc etc etc. While in reality, the people running these concerns are egotistical maniacs that don't care who they run over on their way to their next ten million.

They even give honorary degrees to those who dropped out to practice their ruthless business practices later as a way to keep the rest of us believing the majority path is the way to the top. The ruthless give excellent speeches at such events.

I've been saying for a long time that Apple plays the 80/20 game almost flawlessly. They target to 80% solution and the 20% are always exceedingly PO'ed at them. Meanwhile they make a fortune on the 80%.

U.S. Aviation manufacturers are squarely focused on the 20% solutions in GA and ignoring the 80%. Is it any wonder they're slowly strangling themselves to death? (Boeing has the 80% for commercial airline aviation products covered.) Who makes the aircraft that 80% of GA purchasers would want, including price? Who makes the 80% solution private business aircraft? They all dogpile on top of each other to make the aircraft the 20% want.

Vision, ideas, same thing. Apple has been sucessful because they've been willing to take big risks with ideas that other companies wouldn't take--it's that simple.

JKG

Quite true, question is who was the impetus for the risk? Within 3-5 years the bean counters will have the board and risk taking will end and the company will be dead by the end of the decade.

Quite true, question is who was the impetus for the risk? Within 3-5 years the bean counters will have the board and risk taking will end and the company will be dead by the end of the decade.

You're forgetting that there will have to be another even bolder risk-taker for them to lose market share. Microsoft hasn't innovated anything significant or taken and huge risks in decades. Zune was a copy (and failed), XBox was a copy (and succeeded with tiny margins), but no one has taken a significant risk to attempt to truly topple Office. Thus, they've been fine.

Android is a solid competitor to iOS but isn't risk-taking. It's a copy. Incremental differences. Google has a solid competitor to the iTunes Store as does Amazon, but again, incremental differences.

The bean counters can take over and the innovation will stop perhaps, but there still needs to be another ruthless innovator to actually topple Apple. Something targeted directly at what Apple's 80% base wants in both user experience and religious participation.

Jobs dying only means an untimely end to Apple if there's another Jobs already waiting in the Wings who feels cocky enough to take on the phalanx of Apple Legal. Patents virtually lock out competition unless there's enough money to be made on whatever the risky alternative that's being created is, that a guarantee of a long protracted legal battle would be mutually destructive to both sides, forcing a large settlement and the new company survives it.

There's a reason Silicon Valley companies hoarde cash unlike any other sector and only give lip service to paying dividends to investors. They know the next five year patent battle between massive cash pools is only right around the corner.

But Apple relies on the Kool Aid market where as Microsoft relies on the business market. The Kool Aid market needs new and fancy every year, the business market actually is the other way where people don't upgrade because it costs too much time and productivity in the transfer. Microsoft only has to keep providing stuff that works to survive; Apple has to innovate.

C'mon, this thread is about GARMIN's APP.

Take the Apple/iTunes/Steve Jobs discussion to Hangar Talk, and give this thread some room to breathe. I've tried out the Garmin app, and I'm genuinely curious to hear feedback from others.

Out of 35 posts in this thread, 25 have nothing to do with the Garmin app, other than that it runes on an Apple/iOS product.

C'mon, this thread is about GARMIN's APP.

Take the Apple/iTunes/Steve Jobs discussion to Hangar Talk, and give this thread some room to breathe. I've tried out the Garmin app, and I'm genuinely curious to hear feedback from others.

Out of 35 posts in this thread, 25 have nothing to do with the Garmin app, other than that it runes on an Apple/iOS product.

As I said at first, I haven't used it, but I've used every other piece of software that Garmin has put out for hardware not their own and every bit of it was third rate at best compared with other offerings at the same price point. I hope they do a better job with this foray, but I doubt it unless they have changed their entire corporate reasoning, and I'm not seeing any other evidence of that.

Maybe true. Eclipse is impressive software. JDeveloper is meh.

Definitely not true, I have PDFs that have been synced since probably the iTunes 9 days? And through at least four iOS devices...

Oh I wasn't needing tech support, I figured it all out or figured out that I was going to have to live with it.

Not sure how apple restrictions unnecessarily complicate things?

I just wrote an iOS application last night, my first go at one using SQLite and their Core Data framework for modeling data. One would think, you could copy it over to your device and give it a try, or I could put it up on my website and you all could download it? No, wassat? I have to pay $100 to apple to deploy the application I wrote to the iPad i own, yeah makes tons of sense. Now I'm off the jailbreak forums....

I was just pointing out to the person with the Apple love affair, that "Just working" isn't on the long list of what the stuff does (go to the apple support forums and see how much "just working" people are over there talking about :) , but somehow "just works" made it to the top of the marketing departments list of "fun things to say"

And the idea that rainbows and unicorns are all that has made apple successful is well, funny, because they're as dirty as they come.

To the guy wanting a pure Garmin App discussion, it's got some bugs, they're fixing them fairly fast.

FF,WingX and the Garmin App have 95% the same functionality, it doesn't really bring much to the table to convince you to pay for another subscription if you already have FF or WingX. Which one you want to use is probably just personal preference at this stage.

And the idea that rainbows and unicorns are all that has made apple successful is well, funny, because they're as dirty as they come.

Considering what made Apple was stealing the GUE thing from Xerox, I always thought that was funny too.

Back