Garmin Pilot + GLO2 on Android

thito01

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tony T
Anybody using a GLO2 with Pilot on an Android. I just have some basic questions to see if my set-up is right. Maybe we could schedule a chat.

I have the original Garmin GLO (non-2) using with Avare. It works great and has for years now. I haven't played with G pilot. Not sure what setup issues you are dealing with. In my application I downloaded the app "bluetooth GPS" from the play store and enabled mock locations; it is my understanding these are needed to allow android tablets to use external GPS devices with some apps. You may need to access developer options to see the enable mock locations checkbox.

Last edited:
The GLO-2 requires "bluetooth GNSS". I expected my Garmin Pilot software would 'see' the GLO-2 as another device to be accessed. Instead, it appears that Pilot just sees one system GPS, and Pilot does not know that the GPS in use is actually the GLO-2. But, I am still trying to verify that Pilot, and Google Maps, is actually using the GLO-2 and not the internal GPS. It looks like it is, but I just can't be sure.

Back