Garmin Help - Linking phone to GTN 750 with GMA-35

Spectrepilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Spectrepilot
Hello,

Wonderful forum with a lot of great information.

I've read through many posts but have not seen an answer to my specific question. I recently acquired a Saratoga with a very nice Garmin setup:

• STEC 55X Autopilot Featuring Altitude Hold
• Altitude Pre-Select with Vertical Speed Selector – (Controlled Through G500 PFD)
• Garmin G500 PFD with SVT
• Garmin GMA-35 Audio Panel with Marker Beacon & (6) Place Intercom
• Garmin GTN-750 GPS – (WAAS Approved)
• Garmin GI-106A #2 Indicator (Loc and GS)
• Garmin GTX-330 Transponder with Mode S Traffic
• BFG WX 500 Stormscope
• Garmin GDL-69 XM Weather
• Garmin GTN-800 Collision Avoidance System – (Active)
• JPI EDM-930C Primary Flight Instruments Modification

I would like to link my phone or IPad to the both the audio and GTN-750 so that I can listen to music and make calls inflight. I would also like to link the system to my Ipad in order to use ForeFlight. I am on a business trip and don't have access to my manuals to confirm but I believe I have the GMA-35 not the GMA-35C. When linked wqitht he GTN-750 the GMA is mounted behind the GTN-750 and control is through the GTN-750 interface. As I understand it the GMA-35C has Bluetooth which easily enable connecting my phone. Is there another way to add this capability? I've ready about the Flight Stream 510 which has both Bluetooth and WiFi, but when I asked someone familiar with Garmin they said the Flight Stream 510 would enable to IPad functionality but not the phone for music and calls option. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

I’ve never had solid luck with voice phone calls while airborne, if you need reliable voice\texting services you’re looking at adding a GSR56 iridium system.

IIRC the only interface for a cellphone to GA35 would be a wired one, if the jack was wired it should be possible to connect via one of those over the counter cords.

Get a FS510 for EFB interface to GTN. None of the equipment you listed have built in connectivity, you need the 510

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I should caveat my comments, I am not looking to make phone calls in flight, but I would like to make a call from the ground. To pick up an IFR clearance at my home airport you have to call approach prior to takeoff or pick it up once airborne. Also, I would like to listen to music from my phone while airborne.

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I should caveat my comments, I am not looking to make phone calls in flight, but I would like to make a call from the ground. To pick up an IFR clearance at my home airport you have to call approach prior to takeoff or pick it up once airborne. Also, I would like to listen to music from my phone while airborne.

Another reasonable solution is phone Bluetooth directly to a headset.

And I am kicking myself, I just purchased two Bose A20's WITHOUT Bluetooth because I thought my aircraft had it (long story but I was at prebuy with a different Saratoga that had a GTN-750 and I used the bluetooth during my test flight on that aircraft). I have not yet researched an option to add bluetooth to the A2s. Really appreciate the input/help.

And I am kicking myself, I just purchased two Bose A20's WITHOUT Bluetooth because I thought my aircraft had it (long story but I was at prebuy with a different Saratoga that had a GTN-750 and I used the bluetooth during my test flight). I have not yet researched an option to add bluetooth to the A2s. Really appreciate the input/help.

You could eBay them and buy new used ones on eBay. Not free, but you’d only be out eBay fees and shipping.

And I am kicking myself, I just purchased two Bose A20's WITHOUT Bluetooth because I thought my aircraft had it (long story but I was at prebuy with a different Saratoga that had a GTN-750 and I used the bluetooth during my test flight on that aircraft). I have not yet researched an option to add bluetooth to the A2s. Really appreciate the input/help.

You can buy a new cable that has the bluetooth in it and sell the other cable for a little bit. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/bosea20access.php?clickkey=183685 But it might work out better to sell one without and buy the one with.

Hello,

Wonderful forum with a lot of great information.

I've read through many posts but have not seen an answer to my specific question. I recently acquired a Saratoga with a very nice Garmin setup:

• STEC 55X Autopilot Featuring Altitude Hold
• Altitude Pre-Select with Vertical Speed Selector – (Controlled Through G500 PFD)
• Garmin G500 PFD with SVT
• Garmin GMA-35 Audio Panel with Marker Beacon & (6) Place Intercom
• Garmin GI-106A #2 Indicator (Loc and GS)
• Garmin GTX-330 Transponder with Mode S Traffic
• BFG WX 500 Stormscope
• Garmin GDL-69 XM Weather
• Garmin GTN-800 Collision Avoidance System – (Active)
• JPI EDM-930C Primary Flight Instruments Modification

I would like to link my phone or IPad to the both the audio and GTN-750 so that I can listen to music and make calls inflight. I would also like to link the system to my Ipad in order to use ForeFlight. I am on a business trip and don't have access to my manuals to confirm but I believe I have the GMA-35 not the GMA-35C. When linked wqitht he GTN-750 the GMA is mounted behind the GTN-750 and control is through the GTN-750 interface. As I understand it the GMA-35C has Bluetooth which easily enable connecting my phone. Is there another way to add this capability? I've ready about the Flight Stream 510 which has both Bluetooth and WiFi, but when I asked someone familiar with Garmin they said the Flight Stream 510 would enable to IPad functionality but not the phone for music and calls option. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you.

Not sure if you ever figured it out? I was just going through the exact same thing on our plane and our friend finally figured it out. Now I am able to use the GMA35C and GTN 750 to make calls via my cell for clearance and so on. Was an easy fix after our friend spent lots of time looking at it. The dumb blue tooth and antenna that Garmin included that connects to the GMA35C when removed and he looked at both the connection on the 35C and the antenna are both female. He made a simple wire bridge and plugged them together. Amazingly it works great !! DUMB DUMB DUMB that the factory sends these out with both the antenna and 35C connection as both female :(

This is what I have chosen to do Bluetooth the phone to the headset. Tablet is bluetooth to the avionics.

Back