Garmin GSB 15 or other panel mount USB charger reports?

focal_plane

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
focal_plane
Would like to install a panel mount usb charger. Looking for dual output, USB Type-A, 2.1A min. 2.25" dia.

I've looked at Garmin GSB 15 for a few years. Any feedback if folks are satisfied. In particular, have there been any noise issues with radios/intercomm?

Other manufacturer's P/Ns to look at?

I've installed a number of Garmin GSB 15's, MidContinent MD93 clocks with the USB ports, and Guardian iFDR USB ports in customer aircraft. I personally have a MD93-H and iFDR 250-101 in my aircraft. I've had no issues with any of them, other than the MD93 I had one customer where some segments in the clock display failed after about a year, but MidContinent replaced it no questions asked under warranty.

Would like to install a panel mount usb charger. Looking for dual output, USB Type-A, 2.1A min. 2.25" dia.

I've looked at Garmin GSB 15 for a few years. Any feedback if folks are satisfied. In particular, have there been any noise issues with radios/intercomm?

Other manufacturer's P/Ns to look at?
What kind of audio panel do you have?

Audio Panel = PSE8000 series
Doesn't the PMA8000 already have a USB port?

Another to look at is the EI USB6. I believe it's part of the CGR30P STC in case you already have one of those.

I'm waiting for the USB-C PD standards to settle down, although I'm tempted by the 60W Mid-contintent unit (True power 360) but trying to order from their website resulted in frustration and failure (after I forked over significant private data), and randomly, a box of very glossy literature that weighed at least 20 pounds delivered to my home un-requested. I have no TA360 though, so am waiting a bit to see if they or anyone else will go 100W or not.

Audio Panel = PSE8000 series
Thanks for trusting us with your audio panel. This is a long shot but....if you wanted to get a USB charging port and an audio panel with IntelliAudio (True Dimensional Sounds), the PMA8000G is a slide-in replacement.
And Chase at www.avionicssource.com takes trade-ins!
But I know this is a stretch but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I have a GSB going in right now. It will allow for updates direct instead of SD cards to my Garmin stack. If I didn’t have a Garmin stack, I’d go with whatever option is cheapest.

I do have Marks PMA450B audio panel. It is the ****, bro. Best on the planet, bar none.

∆∆∆∆ THIS ∆∆∆∆

If you do future updates to me Garmin equipment, the GSB15 can be connected via HSDB and push updates to every unit on the backbone.

If you do future updates to me Garmin equipment, the GSB15 can be connected via HSDB and push updates to every unit on the backbone.
The GSB15 only connects via USB, not HSDB. The EI USB6A does similar/same.

upload_2022-3-17_6-1-26.png

Don't get the Stratus; the footprint does not fit in a standard 2 1/4" hole.

Back