Garmin GMA340

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
Any guesses on what a well working/nice looking Garmin GMA340 would be worth?

Are you selling or buying? I think I have one.

Usually GMA340 these days sold around $600-$700 depends on condition and option (2-comm or 3-comm). I bought one in January for $600 but initially it was listed for $750.

Nice panel upgrade! Is the FlightMax EX500 just like the GMX200 these days? Shame they aren't making more stand alone MFDs. Who wouldn't want a second slaved screen being able to show traffic or ground height while leaving the regular map less cluttered.

Nice panel upgrade! Is the FlightMax EX500 just like the GMX200 these days? Shame they aren't making more stand alone MFDs. Who wouldn't want a second slaved screen being able to show traffic or ground height while leaving the regular map less cluttered.
Thank you! I’m loving how it turned out. I traded my GMX200 for the EX500 because the 500 will drive my radar. That converts it to color vs monochrome, I saved weight by pulling the old CRT screen and it looks a lot nicer. Added bonus is as you mention I get a de-cluttered screen with traffic.

I've got a busted one with a new tray available.

It makes com1 sound like a kazoo. Garmin has absolutely abhorrent service policy. There was no AOG support (loaners or quick turnaround). Of course they were more than happy to sell me a new one and fedex it overnight.

It makes com1 sound like a kazoo. Garmin has absolutely abhorrent service policy. There was no AOG support (loaners or quick turnaround). Of course they were more than happy to sell me a new one and fedex it overnight.
One advantage of being hyper-focused on audio control panels is we provide ProSupport. For an additional $75, if we get the unit in by 12:00PM EST, we will repair and ship back the same day service, regardless what model of audio panel or how old it is.

Ditto. I have a 340 to sell as well. Just upgraded my 310Q to a GMA 350c

Can’t believe Kevin went all Avidyne...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I spent quite a bit of time playing with both the GTN and IFD's and I really like the IFD's better. Figured since we were upgrading to the IFD's I might as well go full Avidyne. So far I have about 16-20 hours flying behind the new panel and am loving the decision.

One advantage of being hyper-focused on audio control panels is we provide ProSupport. For an additional $75, if we get the unit in by 12:00PM EST, we will repair and ship back the same day service, regardless what model of audio panel or how old it is.
Yep, I regret every day not having bought one of your panels. I even regret not keeping my KMA24 (and PS1000 intercom) which the POS Garmin replaced.

I'm so happy with the PMA8000BT dad bought me for my birthday I had to return the favor.

No regrets. I like that both ships have very similar radio equipment too.

I spent quite a bit of time playing with both the GTN and IFD's and I really like the IFD's better. Figured since we were upgrading to the IFD's I might as well go full Avidyne. So far I have about 16-20 hours flying behind the new panel and am loving the decision.

Fantastic and congrats Kevin. I went to the G-World. I didnt know the long term of Avidyne working with G5’s.

My hope is to add more Garmin after my wife gets over this avionics install cost. She wants a new kitchen and I want Garmin EIS. I’m pretty I’m going to lose.

Can’t wait to finally test fly it next week.

e9af77225adb835807761d8abe10d87c.jpg

For those that are pulling theirs or have a GMA 340 laying around, the answer is on eBay they go for $999.99. :)

For those that are pulling theirs or have a GMA 340 laying around, the answer is on eBay they go for $999.99. :)

I do have one laying around after the panel upgrade. Thanks for the info.

Back