Garmin GMA340 pannel question

G-force

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
G-force
Had an issue in a rental 172 this weekend that I have not encountered. Typical Garmin GMA340/430 radio stack/intercom. Pilot could hear the radio and copilot over the intercom. Copilot could hear pilot over the intercom but not hear any radio chatter. I don't have alot of time with the GMA340 but I presses and turned every knob and button and could not get it to work for the copilot. Reading the manual on the Garmin website later brought up no clues, none of the isolation functions would cut out just the radio for the copilot. Any ideas or was the intercom/radio broken? Is there a way on the 430 to isolate the pilot to hear the radios and not the copilot?

Did you check the COM 1/2-button? It is a "split com" button which assigns COM 1 to the pilot and COM2 to the copilot. As long as you do not have a COM2 installed or powered up, it will do exactly as described.

Did you check the COM 1/2-button? It is a "split com" button which assigns COM 1 to the pilot and COM2 to the copilot. As long as you do not have a COM2 installed or powered up, it will do exactly as described.

I think you're on the right track.

Ah, yes, that is one thing that would cut radio 1 out for the copilot. I'm sure I pressed the button, the light was not on, but who knows. Thanks.

Back