Garmin G5 issues

beechcraft flyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
beech pilot
When i am on an ils my garmin G5 green cdi needle flickers at times as if the localizer reception is bad, Did this at a couple different airports, making it impossible to fly the approach the glideslope will not capture as well even though i can see the green glideslope bubble moving up and down on the path the auto pilot says fail. In gps mode flying any other approach with the autopilot on is perfect. For some odd reason the nav side is weak. I have gtn 750 navigator any help? thanks in advance, We did the avionics box test on the ground and it was great but when the box was moved around at times the cdi would flicker

Other than a bad connection (which could be anything from a wire to a bad VLOC receiver in the GTN), there's no reason for a green needle to be flickering and GS unavailable (unless the ILS itself is having service issues). Have you tried navigating by VOR to see if it's there too?

Has it always done this or just recently?
i believe the issue is with the Nav/loc antenna on the vertical fin , prior to the avionics upgrade it was hard to track a vor or localizer, those split antennas are 2k plus new ughh

Back