Garmin discounts?

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
I see that Garmin is advertising for Database Administrators ... I wonder what kind of employee discounts they offer ... like, a pair of G5s and a GNS650? :)

But, Olathe, KS? Might be decent deer and pheasant hunting there?

You're not far from good hunting. But OJC is really just a suburb of Kansas City.

One drawback would be that Olathe, KS would put me and my 3 airplane ownership club too far apart to make work ... oh, and that tiny little detail that my wife would probably say "oh HELL no!" to KS. :)

From the land of fruits and nuts, moves to places like that are really attractive.
Twice as big of a house for half the price, almost everything is cheaper, people are nicer, I think the list goes on and on.
I envy those who find a way to make a great living in the Midwest. With a decent salary, getting placed in KS isn't the worst thing in the world. Just have to have an airplane fast enough to fly to heat on the weekends cause it gets cold there, like below freezing...

Just have to have an airplane fast enough to fly to heat on the weekends cause it gets cold there, like below freezing...

Only in the winter. In the summer you'd have to fly to CA to cool down.

Olathe, KS is really sorta in Missouri. It is east of the Flint Hills after all. Have to go west a good bit to find pheasant. Deer? sorta. Little scrawny things. Not little scrawny like Texas but still little and scrawny. And Missouri is sorta like New Mexico without the ambiance...

I see that Garmin is advertising for Database Administrators ... I wonder what kind of employee discounts they offer ... like, a pair of G5s and a GNS650? :)

But, Olathe, KS? Might be decent deer and pheasant hunting there?

I'm sure they would sell you all kinds of watches, fish finders and handhelds at employee pricing

I'm a former Garmin employee that knows several current Garmin employees. The employee discount is significant. Roughly 40% off on consumer-type electronics (including aviation portables). Avionics are also significantly discounted for employees, but there are some additional restrictions surrounding avionics purchases.

Back