Garmin D2 Air X10 Questions

manac

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Manac
Need a new watch. Had a the original D2 Air but didn’t like it for the reasons below.
Been running a Vivoactive 3 for the last three years.

X10 questions:
Can it be set for the display to be always on? They are supposed to turn on when you roll your wrist to read them but the original never worked for me. I wear it inside my right wrist.
With the display always on, does it have decent battery life, 4-5 days no gps?
Does the pulse ox work well?
How is the backlight triggering? Is the double tap pretty deliberate to turn it on or do you get a lot of false activations?

Thanks

Well looking into it a little more and the resounding silence on the board I went with a 42mm quartz dive watch. 10 year battery life, tritium lights with a 12 year half life. It does the watch thing pretty well. Sometimes simpler is better.

The X10 display is normally off, 2 day battery life if set to always on. Didn’t find any reviews where people liked the auto display wake. A lot of whistles and bells but the phone can pretty much do all that the watch does and is better with ForeFlight on it.

I was about to buy it. I had the D2 Charlie plus a running watch.
The X10 is like the lowest wellness watch with some aviation features so quality/ effectiveness might be lower.

I would advice you to consider some other watches from Garmin's line that have the aviation features.

I went with the Tactix: has the full aviation features, I can use it for running (no need for a second Garmin), supposedly solar, can use it for threadmill, indoor cycling, etc.

The oxymeter is on demand, you need to ask the watch to measure your POX and it will take some time.

Cannot comment on the screen, mine is always on. Battery life is 28 days.
Love my watch

Sorry if I had seen this earlier I could give a pirep. I've had mine over a year and does fine. The in flight features aren't that useful if you've already got a GPS on board but it will tell you your oxygen level. The only complaint I have with it is sometimes I have to reboot it after charging it or else it won't measure some of my sleep parameters.

Back