Garmin audio alerts

Joe_B1

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Joe_B
My archer has a GTN750xi and a GMA35c audio panel. My alerts such as traffic, terrain, etc. All come through the cabin speaker but not my headphones. I have asked my avionics guy if he could change something so I could get those alerts in both my speaker and my headphones and he told me that it's not allowed and that's just the way Garmin designed the system.

I find that strange, I run a noise canceling headset and they attenuate the cabin noise quite a bit. It would be great to hear that stuff in my headset. I am wondering if there is a way to get this to happen, in talking to him, he kind of implied that there is a configuration setting that existed but he would not do it because "he would get in trouble".

So any installers out there want to tell me how to get into trouble or maybe explain to me why it's not allowed?

That is very strange. Every Garmin product I've ever flown played traffic/terrain alerts through my headset. The GMA35c is new? Any chance it's defective?

The install manual also implies that it should come through your headset:

upload_2021-11-3_19-59-15.png

Last edited:
That is very strange. Every Garmin product I've ever flown played traffic/terrain alerts through my headset. The GMA35c is new? Any chance it's defective?

The install manual also implies that it should come through your headset:

View attachment 101537
Awesome, thanks asicer. I will show this to my avionics guy. It’s going in for a fuel transducer issue soon so he will be into the wires anyway.

My archer has a GTN750xi and a GMA35c audio panel. My alerts such as traffic, terrain, etc. All come through the cabin speaker but not my headphones. I have asked my avionics guy if he could change something so I could get those alerts in both my speaker and my headphones and he told me that it's not allowed and that's just the way Garmin designed the system.

I find that strange, I run a noise canceling headset and they attenuate the cabin noise quite a bit. It would be great to hear that stuff in my headset. I am wondering if there is a way to get this to happen, in talking to him, he kind of implied that there is a configuration setting that existed but he would not do it because "he would get in trouble".

So any installers out there want to tell me how to get into trouble or maybe explain to me why it's not allowed?

I have a GMA345, 650 all the alerts come through my headset.

I have a 35C and GTN650. All of my alerts come into the headset. I connect my iPad as one of the Bluetooth devices on the 35C and they come into the headset as well. I also have an Aera660 being ran through VOR 2 input since I only have 1 VOR. It also comes into the headset.

Not sure why your avionics guy thinks this great technology should be ran through a speaker. That doesn’t even pass the common sense test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 35C and GTN650. All of my alerts come into the headset. I connect my iPad as one of the Bluetooth devices on the 35C and they come into the headset as well. I also have an Aera660 being ran through VOR 2 input since I only have 1 VOR. It also comes into the headset.

Not sure why your avionics guy thinks this great technology should be ran through a speaker. That doesn’t even pass the common sense test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seemed weird to me, I have a 35c and a 345. I sent that picture that asicer attached to my avionics guy. Still no reply but one way or another I will get the alerts through the headphones.

Thanks to all, it has been resolved I sent asicers screen shot to my avionics guy and he miraculously decided he would not get into trouble and enabled it!

Get in trouble? Where do you people find these jokers

Thanks to all, it has been resolved I sent asicers screen shot to my avionics guy and he miraculously decided he would not get into trouble and enabled it!

Sounds like you helped him learn something.

I had a panel update in 2017 with all garmin stuff including a GTX345 sound panel. I have had all alerts including from FF through my headsets since the first day I left the avionics shop. Glad you got it squared away.

Sounds like you helped him learn something.

I had a panel update in 2017 with all garmin stuff including a GTX345 sound panel. I have had all alerts including from FF through my headsets since the first day I left the avionics shop. Glad you got it squared away.
Oh, I have helped him learn quite a bit WRT Garmin interfacing. The latest was a data format issue getting my JPI EDM 830 to talk to my Garmin 750xi. Before that it was getting Garmin pilot to talk to my GTX345 before I got the flightstream. I could go on. The weird part is they do excellent work with the cabling and hardware but seem to be lacking in configuration and how software works. Fortunately, I can figure this stuff out and point him in the right direction.

Do you know exactly what he did? I am having the same exact issue with a new install and trying to get it solved.

Back