Garmin announcement - Oct 3, 2017

GLMS_NC

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rick
Anyone have a tip on what they are planning to announce?

That they are going to use my plane as the test plane for the new Garmin autopilot STC for 310's and they are installing it for free.

Another superior product to say the least,have to love Harmin with their planned obsolescence of most of their products.

That they are going to use my plane as the test plane for the new Garmin autopilot STC for 310's and they are installing it for free.

They just want to come over and work in your hangar, because it's far nicer than their own shop back in Kansas. ;)

Maybe the G3X Touch will be approved like the Dynon Skyview? Cubcrafters already has the G3X approved in the Part 23 certificated X Cub. I'd look for a broader AML in the near future. In the meantime the GDL-52 and GDL-82 boxes are pretty freakin cool, and the GP app added synthetic vision for androids. Garmin doesn't stand still and lots of us benefit from that.

that would be fantastic. i plan to buy a legacy aircraft this spring and would like to do something like the skyview or G3X in it as I think it's a long term keeper plane. if they can get these things out and get a broad AML for them, then it gives some great options for updating the fleet. I can't bring myself to buy two G600s and GTN 750 and an AP and an engine monitor etc etc. but if I could get it down to a GPS, a "Skyview" like solution, and then keep one of the old radios, you start to have a very nice setup for a lot of money, but not a crippling amount of money for the capability.

that would be fantastic. i plan to buy a legacy aircraft this spring and would like to do something like the skyview or G3X in it as I think it's a long term keeper plane. if they can get these things out and get a broad AML for them, then it gives some great options for updating the fleet. I can't bring myself to buy two G600s and GTN 750 and an AP and an engine monitor etc etc. but if I could get it down to a GPS, a "Skyview" like solution, and then keep one of the old radios, you start to have a very nice setup for a lot of money, but not a crippling amount of money for the capability.
The Dynon Skyview system is already approved in a few planes and they're looking to expand the AML. I doubt Garmin intends to stand still and let Dynon capture that market without competition.
http://dynonavionics.com/certified/

right now, the limiting factor for a lot of people is that EFIS systems (both garmin and dynon) will only talk to a digital output radios (IE sl30 protocol) so if you do not have a sl30 protocol radio the EFIS will not display nav info from the radio, so you can add 6k or 7K to the cost to replace the radio. if you already have a 430,650,sl30,255 this is not a problem but the added cost to get the nav funtion to the EFIS may be a deal breaker to some people. I am confident that there will be a box hitting the market that will allow the older analog radios to interface to the EFIS systems. i would expect it from dynon first as garmin never wants to play with anybody else in the sandbox.

bob

if you already have a 430,650,sl30,255 this is not a problem but the added cost to get i would expect it from dynon first as garmin never wants to play with anybody else in the sandbox.

bob

Why should they? They can sell more of their stuff. You only try to be compatible with the market leader when trying to make inroads, not the other way around. It's good to be king
If Dynon ever starts to dominate, you can expect the same behavior.

The Dynon Skyview system is already approved in a few planes and they're looking to expand the AML. I doubt Garmin intends to stand still and let Dynon capture that market without competition.
http://dynonavionics.com/certified/
C172 and B58 are their initial targets.

Let's add PA 23, PA 32, C182, C210, PA 28 and Bonanza and then we're talking about a big % of the GA fleet

i'm SUPER pumped and hopeful, but we'll see....

I don't think they are issuing any press releases today, so thier whole campaign (even a teaser video of Facebook) should have been dated for tomorrow.

Is anyone else seeing the webinar? I have been on their webinar page for 30 minutes (5:00 - 5:30) and have yet to see anything, evern with refreshes.

Is anyone else seeing the webinar? I have been on their webinar page for 30 minutes (5:00 - 5:30) and have yet to see anything, evern with refreshes.
Started 4pm central time

Well their sign-up page plainly states 5:00pm est. What did they announce?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 5.33.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 5.33.41 PM.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 20
I'm on. I signed in as Craven Moorehead. had to refresh the webex to see their screen.

Thanks. All I got the that landing page saying it was waiting for the sales presentation to start. Hope Garman does a better job at building hardware vs managing software.

They’ve integrated the GMU displays into certificated airplanes. Essentially a G3X Touch but being driven by approved boxes. No application for me so I turned it off early.

Why should they? They can sell more of their stuff. You only try to be compatible with the market leader when trying to make inroads, not the other way around. It's good to be king
If Dynon ever starts to dominate, you can expect the same behavior.

Because it's not fair and not nice.......darn capitalists!

Definitely nothing exciting:
Bottom line: pretty colors, better resolution...still at expensive prices

Gotta say...nothing here to excite me.

Gee... No problems. I'll take two of the G600 TXi's, 10 inch. Where do I send the check?

Gee... No problems. I'll take two of the G600 TXi's, 10 inch. Where do I send the check?

With EIS and other options, plus the 600 autopilot, installation...I think you can have it for the low low price of $99,999.99.
Hurry while supplies last!

And there still isn't a GFC500 autopilot tho they announced it way back in July. No GAD29B for G5/third party autopilot interface either.

Just curious - What browser and platform?

I had the same issue on my Mac with Safari, but when I switched to a VM I had Chrome open in, it worked. GoToWebinar Fail.

Mac and Safari for me as well, latest updates. Garmin certainely picked the wrong company to do business with.

Garmin International, Inc.
1200 E. 151st St.
Olathe, KS 66062-3426

Not to be picky but everyone will be required to use a dealer, can't buy them from the mothership.

If you would like to see how the new TXi system works, download their free trainer app. But its 2.2Gb so make sure your iPad has space and grab a beverage to enjoy why it downloads.

Garmin TXi Trainer by Garmin DCI

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin-txi-trainer/id1204320570?mt=8

Am thinking a 10" for the pilot side and a 7" display for the copilot side. And while we are at it, drop in twin GTN750's. My panel will now be worth 2x what the hull is worth.

If you would like to see how the new TXi system works, download their free trainer app. But its 2.2Gb so make sure your iPad has space and grab a beverage to enjoy why it downloads.

Garmin TXi Trainer by Garmin DCI

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin-txi-trainer/id1204320570?mt=8

Am thinking a 10" for the pilot side and a 7" display for the copilot side. And while we are at it, drop in twin GTN750's. My panel will now be worth 2x what the hull is worth.

Don't forget the autopilot, GFC600 of course.

Back