Garmin 340 Audio Panels

Skymac

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Justin
We’re different versions of these made that had different trays? I’m doing some research and can’t find much info but I had a GMA 345 laying around and even one claims it is a slide in replacement but I can see that working with my 340. It has a threaded screw out of the back where the 345 has a tray lock.

As far as I know all of the 340's have the same tray. Most modern audio panels can use the same tray as each other. I haven't used many (if any) 345's, but if it has a tray lock connector, you will need the new tray. Most standard audio panels are also slide-in replacements for the 340's, but many of the newest ones have some slight differences that may require a few pins to be moved, or some pins added for some new fancy features.

I've never seen a 345 with a tray lock, same threaded screw as the 340 and racks right in. Can you post a picture of it?

It’s because I’m an idiot, it’s a GMA350.... Problem Solved lol

Hah, yeah, that definitely has a different tray! Though it uses the same backplate (just attaches to the tray upside down from the "standard" 340 position) so if there is enough slack in the wiring it's still pretty easy to swap over to.

Back