Garmin 195 help?

OffCenter

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
OffCenter
Would anybody have a quick reference card for the Garmin GPSMAP 195 that you no longer need? (or could scan and email to me?)
A friend gave me a nice 195 and I downloaded the manual, but it's very convoluted. I really could use some sort of quick ref card to figure out the basic functions of this thing.
(Hey, I'm an old "chart in my lap" kind of guy. This gps stuff is confusing.
rofl.gif
)

FYI, I was standing at the update counter in OSH when the guy said that updates are no longer provided for the 195.

Would anybody have a quick reference card for the Garmin GPSMAP 195 that you no longer need? (or could scan and email to me?)
A friend gave me a nice 195 and I downloaded the manual, but it's very convoluted. I really could use some sort of quick ref card to figure out the basic functions of this thing.
(Hey, I'm an old "chart in my lap" kind of guy. This gps stuff is confusing.
rofl.gif
)

Does the 195 still work? I thought the satellites moved so much since then they didn't work.

Does the 195 still work? I thought the satellites moved so much since then they didn't work.

Yes they do. I still use one and about ready to udpate the database again. It is still supported.

The 195 on my right yoke seems to work...
I would think that a google search for the operators manual would turn up an online copy for you you... Try it...

denny-o

Yeah, my 90 still works, too. But, the database is now too large for its memory. Last update a few years ago I ended up hacking the database and just loaded the western US.

The 195 on my right yoke seems to work...
I would think that a google search for the operators manual would turn up an online copy for you you... Try it...

denny-o

I found the owners manual on line and printed it out. But it's very confusing. I'd really like t he quick reference card.
I'm afraid to take the thing in the plane at this point. I might crash the plane trying to work the darned GPS.:D

I just looked in my box. I have the manual, but I did not find a Quick Reference Card.
The learning curve is not very steep. Play with the menus and plug in some waypoints.

Back