Game changer..what plane now?

My insurance broker wouldn't let me look at nose-gear BE-18s. He said something about 'friends don't let friends...':D

Yeah yeah...:rolleyes::lol: The only one I would want on wheels, is that Tropic Air conversion. If I was going to get a Be-18 though, it would need to be on amphibs, because I would have to put it to work.

I like that and put it on the pro list but from my research the baron seems to be very expensive maintenance and AD wise when compared with the Aztec and 310.
actually it's just the opposite. The aztec and especially the 310 will nickel & dime you to death compared to the baron. There is a reason the B58 fetches such a higher purchase price than the others. You pay up front or you pay later. Either way you pay.

My friend got a tbone. What a nice plane, but it is definitely big. He had to buy his own hangar bc it wouldn't fit in the t hangars at the airport.
Yeah, Tbone is HUGE. You can usually fit them in community/corporate hangars, but the FBO will charge you King Air rent.

I tried, won't let me view because I'm not a member I than tried to sign up but it will only accept my real name.

Google up BE-50 Twin Bonanza. Nice planes, the early ones had huge bench seats and a throw over yoke between the left and center seats of the front bench, and you entered over the wing. The late one's had an airstair an a more cabin like interior. I love a T-Bone, but I would only want one with GSIO-480 engines on it. For what they are and cost though, may as well get a Queenair and get more room for about the same money.

Didn't someone have a Twinkie for sale here?

I tried, won't let me view because I'm not a member I than tried to sign up but it will only accept my real name.
Yes, that's what makes it such a great board. Everyone uses their real name, some 35,000 of them

Didn't someone have a Twinkie for sale here?

Twinkie isn't a plane for a family of 5, just not enough excess horsepower OEI or volume. Twin Commanches belong in the hands of solo and two up users. Maybe a Miller modded one with 200hp engines, but in the small airframe size, the Seneca series is really the only one that offers the cargo volume + passenger volume for a family of 5 to travel in, all the other small airframe 6 seaters require a choice between seats and luggage, the Twinkie being no exception. With 5 in the plane, all it has is the left rear seat for a family of five's luggage. If you are using it as the family commuter to get 200-400 miles to the family lake or beach house on the weekends where you have all your stuff already and just need to load people and personal,effects, it could work out.

Back