GA going to be great year

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
From being Mr. gloom and doom I have to admit this year is going to be great for GA. Just a few years ago GA could not draw flies, ramp empty lot of hangar's empty GA on a death spin. This year people flood in, want to learn how to fly, price of planes way up except for twins, ramp full of planes hangar waiting list years long, how long can it last?

Next recession. I continue to hold on to my prediction of 4QTR of this year, other speculators are leaning towards summer 2020. Fair weather fan airline aspirant starts are nothing new. These goats come and go with the prevailing winds of this volatile industry, as they always have. Industry chews them up like bubble gum. They do not make a relevant market in the steady state health of recreational piston market imo.

Low interest rates, good employment prospects in most of the land, finally bored with Candy Crush?
Whatever. I hope you are correct.

But where I am it's 90+% kids that want to fly professionally that are filling up most of the planes. I can't believe the number of non-pro pilots I know that have stopped flying, and are selling their planes. A friend just sold his Meridian on Friday, another sold her to-die-for gorgeous Comanche 250, and a third, who owns a half-share in a Malibu 350 hasn't flown in at least 7 months. That's just the recent "retirees" I know.

I suppose for every seller there's a buyer, so maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

Where the heck are you located, better yet, what have you been smoking...LOL

I sure see it here in Maryland. Will it last? Not sure but right now ADSB is just scary on a nice Saturday like this past one. :D

Don't forget, the summer pulls every other person out to fly while the winter causes most to hibernate.

Low interest rates, good employment prospects in most of the land, finally bored with Candy Crush?
Whatever. I hope you are correct.

But where I am it's 90+% kids that want to fly professionally that are filling up most of the planes. I can't believe the number of non-pro pilots I know that have stopped flying, and are selling their planes. A friend just sold his Meridian on Friday, another sold her to-die-for gorgeous Comanche 250, and a third, who owns a half-share in a Malibu 350 hasn't flown in at least 7 months. That's just the recent "retirees" I know.

I suppose for every seller there's a buyer, so maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

Not sure what the turbine market is, " all boats rise in a high tide" so high end aircraft that might have been hard to sell a few years ago are now hot. The Comanche 250 has been hot for years and nice ones are hard to find so not a surprise she sold it fast. Twin engine aircraft, if you don't want to give it away price you going to be stuck with it, might be the best twin deal around good luck selling it.

Back