GA’s role in COVID-19 relief?

dans2992

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dans2992
Do we have a role that could be useful to support the effort, other than keeping planes in the hangar or just flying solo on local flights?

Be patient while they nurse us all back out of panic.

I dunno though, I've still got one more barrel of c19 chem stuff to spray. No, the activator isn't in it yet, you don't think I'm an idiot, do you? I dunno, are we good now?

Why does this question keep coming up? People just eager to be involved?

I am already helping out GA by putting in a 345 ....

Why does this question keep coming up? People just eager to be involved?

Some of us may no longer be going to work, and looking for something to do that has to do with aviation.

Be patient while they nurse us all back out of panic.

I dunno though, I've still got one more barrel of c19 chem stuff to spray. No, the activator isn't in it yet, you don't think I'm an idiot, do you? I dunno, are we good now?

I had to pump out 600lbs of the stuff, already activated, when my engine stuttered on the takeoff roll. It needs to be used within 45 days, so if you're in the SE the project office can find a way to get it to you.

Well, one role GA can have is allowing us to engage in more social distancing without going bat ish crazy.

For now, it's still possible to go flying locally without endangering oneself or someone else with the virus. On the other hand, getting an IPC scheduled has been frustrating. (Weather, not covid-19.) It's too bad there is no obvious good use for GA other than to help spread the epidemic. Taking a pleasure trip now is a bit futile.

Back