G500 valuation as part of plane purchase

When did it become a Challenger? Looks like a warrior/cherokee to me...sorry those arent PC names anymore.

And i dont really care for the paint job

According to Wikipedia it has been a Challenger since 1973. Sucks when facts get in the way, don't it?
___
In 1971, Piper released a Cherokee 140 variant called the Cherokee Cruiser 2+2. Although the plane kept the 140 designation, it was, in fact, a 150-hp plane, and was shipped mainly as a four-seat version. In 1973, the Cherokee 180 was named the Cherokee Challenger, and had its fuselage lengthened slightly and its wings widened, and the Cherokee 235 was named the Charger with similar airframe modifications.[3] In 1974, Piper changed the marketing names of some of the Cherokee models again, renaming the Cruiser 2+2 (140) simply the Cruiser, the Challenger to the Archer (model PA-28-181) and the Charger (235) to Pathfinder.[15]

Oooh, I am intimidated a Wikipedia reference. I have been flying GA for 25 years, have maybe 700 hours in piper products, and never once heard of a challenger and I suspect that most pilots haven't either. And I stand by my PC reference, this country is getting to be a bunch of sissified mommas boys.

I don't think PC was much of an issue in 1973, nor was it the reason they used Challenger.. from now on I'll refer to it as a "Pre-Archer" so POA stays a Safe Space for you :).

Oooh, I am intimidated a Wikipedia reference. I have been flying GA for 25 years, have maybe 700 hours in piper products, and never once heard of a challenger and I suspect that most pilots haven't either. And I stand by my PC reference, this country is getting to be a bunch of sissified mommas boys.
In 1987 Piper published a "family tree" graphic that showed the progression of model names. 1987 was before the PC trend really got out of hand. You can find some snippets of that graphic online, but the quality is poor and so I am not linking them. Challenger is there.

25 years and still uneducated on the Piper legacy heritage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back