G5 software update - 6.7

Doesn't look like anything exciting

I just texted this to my partners-

Our G5 came with 6.0. I upgraded to 6.4 when I started the installation. By the time I finished, 6.6 was out. Now I have to upgrade to 6.7 :dunno:

Maybe they have a fix for the battery drain issue in there...

Maybe they have a fix for the battery drain issue in there...

I’ve already had to have the battery replaced on one of my G5’s less than 6 months old. What an absolute pain it was to get the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve already had to have the battery replaced on one of my G5’s less than 6 months old. What an absolute pain it was to get the replacement.

Is Garmin the only source for those?

Aircraft Spruce sells them OTC, did you mean a PITA to get a warranty replacement?

We have several G5s between Dad & I. First two were installed May 2018 and the batteries were dated 06/16/2017 and 10/17/2017. Next G5 was installed March 2019 with a battery dated 03/030/2018 Next one was installed June 2019 with battery dated 04/20/2018. We haven't seen the discharging issues others have mentioned. We did see the random won't automatically turn-on issue once so far.

I have one battery in hand to install on the remaining G5 that didn't require it, its dated 12/11/2019, hopefully this one is good.

i havent seen the battery drain issue since my last annual, Aug 2019. fingers crossed

Just downloaded it last night and will update before my flight this afternoon.

Thanks for the point out. I kind of wish Garmin announced these things.

Back