G5 pitot/static fitting style

Discussion in 'Avionics and Upgrades' started by nrimmer, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:32 AM.

1. nrimmer

nrimmer Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    nrimmer
    I know the thread pitch in the back of the unit is 1/8-27 pipe, but what style fitting have people attached to the unit?

I was thinking a tee with the pipe thread opposite of one side of the tube thread (with the two tube thread sections 90 degrees from each other). But it looks like the pitot and static ports are pretty close to each other and once one is installed (either pitot or static) that the "T" from the second one will hit the first one that is already installed. Unfortunately I couldn't locate dimensions for the fittings on Chief Aircraft's website.

2. bradp

bradp Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    BradP
    Use standard nyloseal fittings. Tuna straight length of tube straight back to the firewall for maybe 6 or 8 inches for S and another couple for S. This takes care of clearance issues between P and S at the unit and at the T connector. Use a standard T connector. One T will go to the other G5 and the other T will go to pitot tubing / static tubing. Don’t forget the insert nuts for the fittings. Make sure they’re nice and snug at the G5 but don’t damage the unit of course. 7A79E516-0D20-4FEA-A18B-8E61DB15B7E2.png B0D518AC-EA35-4EA1-B9B4-993855768794.jpeg

3. bradg33

bradg33 Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    Esquire99
    I used NyloSeal fittings, but installed a manifold on both the pitot and static system to get rid of the mess of tee fittings. Each unit gets a "home run" from the appropriate manifold, much easier to manage.

4. nrimmer

nrimmer Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    nrimmer
    Good suggestions. I especially like the manifold concept. Is there a NyloSeal manifold piece available or did you string together tees and elbows to make one?

5. bradg33

bradg33 Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    Esquire99