Fuzzy Numbers On an Old Narco 890 DME

Murph

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Murph
My Narco 890 DME has got where the numbers are not displaying in their hightech 80s digital orange little glow.. hard to tell if its a 0,8 or 6...in just about every space. I dont like to have X on anything mounted in the panel....Was curious if others have experienced this and had a fix ..or a clue as to what it would cost

Thanks!

Looks like that one was sold...several more listed though...do the numerals (display)" snap into place? How do you get the whole unit loose from the panel?

Thanks!

Looks like that one was sold...several more listed though...do the numerals (display)" snap into place? How do you get the whole unit loose from the panel?

Thanks!
Part 43 Appendix A says that a pilot/owner can't R&R a DME. You'll need a shop to do it. There's a bunch of stuff that's allowed but DME is not one of them.

..DMEs and Transponders

...silly DME, when I first bought the plane it would "R' itself after about 20 minutes flying...I'd shove it back in,,,

Weve got a travelling local guy that fixed the "R" issue for me...he's old school he may even have the part...has a service truck that would put the batmobile to shame

Did find they contained mercury and krypton gas!...Explains the sexy orange glow..

Back