Funnest Thing To Do With/In an Airplane...

TK211X

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Him
Oh and don't say fly it...... :rolleyes2:

I thought of, dropping glow-sticks at night attached to those small parachutes that come with those army men toys! (Over an FBO parking lot or my home or maybe the beach with several friends there?)

What is something awesome you can think of!?

aaaaaand go........

I still get a kick of flying a little parabola and making stuff / people "float"

Hammerheads and Immelmans in one airplane, gravel bars and glaciers in another.

Not the funnest, but making GPS/radar track drawings on FlightAware is amusing.

I'd say acro but I don't have access to a plane for it atm. I'll do arcs and get people and things to float. I'll pick a twisty road and trace it in the air. I'll play around over the mountains and hit that rising and sinking air for that blistering 1500fpm climb in the C150 or nose up attitude and still descending depending on how the winds are.

Something about flying straight down...
GoingDown.jpg

I gotta get my ass back up to my brother's this summer...

vomit comet is fun until someone in the comet vomit.

Landing at a fun place like the beach or Memphis or near the grandkids. Flying is a way to travel that avoids the headaches and gets me to the fun faster.

I still get a kick of flying a little parabola and making stuff / people "float"

Yeah but you gotta be careful with that. When I was in A&P school, I would take the students flying. One fellow asked if he could bring his cousin along. After a stop I have the cousin in the front seat showing him how to fly the airplane and I go ahead and do the pushover. A few seconds later I'm looking at him and he doesn't look so good. I asked him if he's going to be sick, he nods. I don't have time to go hunting around in my flight bag for the sick sack but I have a little laptop bag that I had my back up GPS in so I have the fellow in the back seat dump everything out of it and hand it to the cousin. He uses it. When we get back down, I pointed him toward the bathroom to clean it out. No harm done.

My problem is that anything that sounds like fun and worthy of a YouTube video is also extremely dangerous.

Fun for me, when I had the Luscombe available to me, was, of course, a bit of acro until I decided I'd better wait till I got me some training (my loops and spins were fine for a beginner but my rolls were nasty).

After that, I had fun with landing in the turn and slaloms down the runway as taught by the fellow at tailwheeltown whose eBook I purchased. Of course, always enjoyed a nice stiff crosswind for landing. Great fun.

Low level through Monument Valley was pretty fun. Flying through the New River Valley in the Waco was another very memorable flight.

Fun flying to me is flying unique airplanes and enjoying the scenery.

Low level through Monument Valley was pretty fun.

Agreed, flying around and between the monuments was a blast! There is a lot of stuff in that general area that is great fun: Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Bryce Canyon, Bullfrog, etc.

I like freaking out my passengers by feigning a heart attack on final.

Had a blast w/ a student in a C310 flying down a river below the banks a few times. Just hoped no fool (hehe) was doing the same in the opposite direction. Mile high fun. Long XC using pilotage only fun. Flying my buddys Stearman.

Flying low and slow,and long cross countries.

The funnest thing to do with an airplane is to jump out of them or use them to tow your sailplane to a thermal. Otherwise they are mostly boring.:lol:

Canyon flying can keep yer attention focused and is fun as long as you are going down the canyon...

One-way airstrips are generally fun...

I like to play "Shadow from Above" on a clear day. I slow down my LSA to match the speed of a vehicle on a rural highway below, then track my shadow so that it stays on top of the car. I've had cars slow wayyy down trying to figure out what's happening.

I also like to search for herds of mule deer in the draws around the county. It's pretty cool to see deer looking up at what's buzzing overhead.

I like to play "Shadow from Above" on a clear day. I slow down my LSA to match the speed of a vehicle on a rural highway below, then track my shadow so that it stays on top of the car. I've had cars slow wayyy down trying to figure out what's happening.

I also like to search for herds of mule deer in the draws around the county. It's pretty cool to see deer looking up at what's buzzing overhead.

I love shadow strafing people, always cracks me up.

:rofl: I need to try this, I'm cracking up at the thought of it.

screaming around telephone poles with barrels on top in the nevada desert at top speed with six or seven others around you.

bob

screaming around telephone poles with barrels on top in the nevada desert at top speed with six or seven others around you.

bob

Yeah, but we're talking about things that are fun to do in an airplane, not your last trip to Burning Man.

While giving helicopter tours out of Destin I used to shadow the sharks, it would scare them enough they would change course 180 :goofy: sometimes I could shadow some sunbathers on a sailboat :)

Some years back I took my Grandson to the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle. I had arranged things in advance and told ground that our destination was the Museum. They alerted the security people and we were met by a chap who opened a gate and directed us to parking with batons. After we toured the Museum, we asked at the main desk for access to our airplane. It was a real deal for my Grandson.

Yeah but you gotta be careful with that. When I was in A&P school, I would take the students flying. One fellow asked if he could bring his cousin along. After a stop I have the cousin in the front seat showing him how to fly the airplane and I go ahead and do the pushover. A few seconds later I'm looking at him and he doesn't look so good. I asked him if he's going to be sick, he nods. I don't have time to go hunting around in my flight bag for the sick sack but I have a little laptop bag that I had my back up GPS in so I have the fellow in the back seat dump everything out of it and hand it to the cousin. He uses it. When we get back down, I pointed him toward the bathroom to clean it out. No harm done.

Ya mean like this...:D:D:redface:..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jo9e3qRP0

I like freaking out my passengers by feigning a heart attack on final.

That can also be accomplished with a subtle under your breath yet over headset "Well, S#!T, that's not good"

"what?...WHAT?....WHAT?"

"Oh, just forgot to pick up my dry cleaning..."

That can also be accomplished with a subtle under your breath yet over headset "Well, S#!T, that's not good"

"what?...WHAT?....WHAT?"

"Oh, just forgot to pick up my dry cleaning..."

No lie. I overshot my turn to final with a newbie and I uttered 'damnit!' out loud.

I thought the poor guy was going to come unhinged. :yikes:

No lie. I overshot my turn to final with a newbie and I uttered 'damnit!' out loud.

I thought the poor guy was going to come unhinged. :yikes:

I learned the same lesson after I got my PPL...would forget something like cowel flaps and utter "Oops"...APPARENTLY passengers DON'T like to hear that from pilots...who knew?

I learned the same lesson after I got my PPL...would forget something like cowel flaps and utter "Oops"...APPARENTLY passengers DON'T like to hear that from pilots...who knew?
We heard a controller go "oops" the other day and my flying buddy said, "She's just like you!"

Back