Fun with lowballers

Apache123

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hey, Steve!
Sigh. So in the crusade to sell the Apache I've have quite a few interesting personalities show up. Many of them cordial, but there was this one which was astounding.

After looking over the logs and pictures and taking a look in person twice he agreed to $16,000. When he showed up, he had $7,000 and said take it or leave it. I closed the hangar, and as I was getting in my car he said he was only trying to get a better deal and agreed once more to the 16k. I then said my counter offer was $30k and not a penny less.

I doubt he would have shown up ready to transfer the cash the second time anyway, but the angry vocabulary from him that followed was priceless.

Is he a broker out of Denver? There's a guy here who does that crap all the time. He also hires college students from Metro State's Aviation department to do all his cold calling of every registered owner he can find a phone number for, and he hires the older broke students to ferry the junk he finds, airworthy or not, to the next buyer.

Or at least that's how he did it in the 90's. No clue if he's still around, but I swear I saw an ad from him recently. I'm amazed he hasn't gotten himself or one of the pilots killed.

Amazing. On a brighter note, I've been flying my friend's Apache/Geronimo for the last week and continue to be impressed by it. Such a sweet, sweet flyer! What are the times on yours?

They "the lowballers" would not be doing it if it did not work. Their are people out their that will take any lowball just to get rid of their plane, boat, RV or other items they can no longer afford.

Sigh. So in the crusade to sell the Apache I've have quite a few interesting personalities show up. Many of them cordial, but there was this one which was astounding.

After looking over the logs and pictures and taking a look in person twice he agreed to $16,000. When he showed up, he had $7,000 and said take it or leave it. I closed the hangar, and as I was getting in my car he said he was only trying to get a better deal and agreed once more to the 16k. I then said my counter offer was $30k and not a penny less.

I doubt he would have shown up ready to transfer the cash the second time anyway, but the angry vocabulary from him that followed was priceless.

:yes:

Nicely done! Do not lower your price from $18k for him now. :no:

I have had people pull this crap on me also. I raise the price and leave it, they usually buy! :lol::lol:

They "the lowballers" would not be doing it if it did not work. Their are people out their that will take any lowball just to get rid of their plane, boat, RV or other items they can no longer afford.

Blasphemy! :mad:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm not surprised. I call it "bad faith".

I know of at least one case where the potential purchaser of a company ($100 million deal) tried that crap on a seller (retrade the deal at signing) & the seller threw him out.

No worse than sellers suddenly developing remorse after somebody gets in their ear and says they are selling for too low of price.

Contracts take two parties, and until both parties sign, lots of **** can happen, and will. 80% of the people are honest.

I had someone offer such a low bid on my house in NC that my counter was $20 less than my original selling price.

That shut them up.

Thats great! I love when people try to argue aginst your price and say they can find a better deal somewhere else. I tell them to STFU and do it then, especially when I'm not desperate to sell.

Sadly I probably would have taken the offer had it happened a month ago or so (was terrified of the impending hospital bill from the birth of my son).

At this point, I don't care anymore. For some reason there's been a lot of new interest again lately, but otherwise we'll just fix it up once that other stuff is paid for unless someone comes along at the asking price.

LD: 1800 right, 800 left, 6500ttaf

I know a few brokers who routinely do that. On many sellers, it does work. I think it's really back-handed and dishonest.

My response would be similar - raise the price.

Well, I hope you can keep it. Your son is going to need something to get his multi in! :yes: :D :wink2:

Well, I hope you can keep it. Your son is going to need something to get his multi in! :yes: :D :wink2:

Dukes are cool looking and cheap. :D

Sadly I probably would have taken the offer had it happened a month ago or so (was terrified of the impending hospital bill from the birth of my son).

At this point, I don't care anymore. For some reason there's been a lot of new interest again lately, but otherwise we'll just fix it up once that other stuff is paid for unless someone comes along at the asking price.

LD: 1800 right, 800 left, 6500ttaf

Congrats on the birth of your son. My dad had an Apache with a Geronimo conversion.

Back