Fun Places to Fly?

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
In keeping with the thread on training & Woodstock's post on Victoria/BC, what are the most fun places you've ever flown or want to fly?

For me, the most fun was flying with a friend in the Lake country of Italy and up into Switzerland in his Commander 114. I'd love to do Alaska and BC, and some of the lakes in the northern tier of the US (Harley: read that Maine & Minnesota).

Where else? And where would you like to fly?

I loved flying in Maui! The scenery is so breathtaking, you'd better take a CFI with you because you're going to want to--*GASP*--stop flying for short periods of time and just look out the window!

Ben, did you get to fly down the cliffs on molokai? I always thought that and the whales were the most spectacular sights I've seen from a plane.
Q

Nice Pic, Ben....

Here's a couple from Italy & Switzerland...

Those are really beautiful. I really like the last one. The roads and villiage have an interesting, intricate pattern.

wangmyers said:
Those are really beautiful. I really like the last one. The roads and villiage have an interesting, intricate pattern.

Thanks. That is the town of Bellagio on Lake Como. I stayed there on night. Really beautiful, though the roads getting there are treacherous.

I would love to fly throughout the south of France. It's on my to do list, but unfortunately rather far down my to-do list.

I flew around the Sudan as a passenger, a couple of years before I got my license. Fortunately we stayed away from the civil war-inspired SAM locations. Very exotic seeing the desert trails and oases and camel trains from above.

Ben's pics came out much better than mine. Oh well, maybe next year
Q

I would love to fly throughout the south of France. It's on my to do list, but unfortunately rather far down my to-do list.

I flew around the Sudan as a passenger, a couple of years before I got my license. Fortunately we stayed away from the civil war-inspired SAM locations. Very exotic seeing the desert trails and oases and camel trains from above.

South of France would be cool. I go there for work a lot and it is gorgeous.

Got in some time in the air near Rome, Italy last September. Funny, a 172 in Italy flies like a 172 in the US. :D But the views on the flight to and from L'Aquilla were fantastic.

And you're necroposting again, Scott. :D

Back