Fun Gaston's airplane rides thread

Dave's may hang around Kent more on future trips :rolleyes:.

Plane rides do have their place.

Nice to have friends that think one is fun :redface:

I really do enjoy seeing y'all at Gaston's each year. Heck, I may even reserve a room for next year. (forget all that when pigs fly stuff).

Best,

Dave

Diana and I were talking about Gaston's today at lunch and we were sorry we didn't have more time to visit with more people...seems like the flying and the rain and everyone moving different directions all the time interfered with the just good ol' visiting we did last year.

Next time I really want to spend time getting to know those folks I'd like to know better...

Next time I really want to spend time getting to know those folks I'd like to know better...

Kim, I consider what you said, THE Quote of the Day, and of Gaston's fly-in. BTW...I hope I'm one of 'em...:yes:

Diana and I were talking about Gaston's today at lunch and we were sorry we didn't have more time to visit with more people...seems like the flying and the rain and everyone moving different directions all the time interfered with the just good ol' visiting we did last year.

I'm kinna taken by surprise; thought you did know everyone already :D

Best,

Dave

Dave, Kim's sort of a rock star- you know everybody knows who SHE is, it's hard to remember it's hard for her to know who everyone else is.

Dave, Kim's sort of a rock star- you know everybody knows who SHE is, it's hard to remember it's hard for her to know who everyone else is.

Spike...you're such a KIDDER!!! :frown2:

I would just like the opportunity to spend quality time with the people with whom I haven't really had the time to get to know. For example, I so enjoyed having dinner with Bruce this year...asking him questions and listening to his stories...he has to be one of the most delightful pilots I've ever met. I loved him.

I love the pilot stories...and the pilot camaraderie...so, so many good people and so damn little time to get to know them all...

I'm kinna taken by surprise; thought you did know everyone already :D

Best,

Dave

I don't know you yet...but I will...

Actually, when I come to Dallas next time you'll have to come up to Addison and meet up with Spike and Wayne and me...

Actually, when I come to Dallas next time you'll have to come up to Addison and meet up with Spike and Wayne and me...

Shouldn't be too hard; that's where my plane is <g>. I'm usually pretty close by unless a payment is due :rofl:

Best,

Dave

Now that my son has moved to Dallas I'll be going down there more often (to see the flying boys from Dallas, too). :)

I can only imagine what those young ladies were thinking......

[[[[[[My, this guy's hands are HUGE!]]]]]]

:smilewinkgrin:

Here's the real pic. Thanks for posting it, Bill! :yes:

578698263_XiZK7-L.jpg

I can only imagine what those young ladies were thinking......

[[[[[[My, this guy's HUGE!]]]]]]

:smilewinkgrin:

There, fixed that for ya - They make me look like a giant! And some parts of me are too big! (My gut, you sickos. :rofl:)

It's kinda hard not to be a rock star with such a cool plane!

It's kinda hard not to be a rock star with such a cool plane!

The Beautiful People live the good life, the rest of us live on the edge of town and think life in the fast lane is store-bought pizza and a six-pack.

The Beautiful People live the good life, the rest of us live on the edge of town and think life in the fast lane is store-bought pizza and a six-pack.

Sorry Wayne, your plane qualifies you for rock star status... how couldn't it with it being so shiney.

Now that my son has moved to Dallas I'll be going down there more often (to see the flying boys from Dallas, too). :)

How did me miss talking about that yesterday at Miami County? I thought we covered ALL the news...:D

Yeah, right. It just seemed like a long time because you were both sound asleep after about ten seconds.
Well, we did spend an awful lot of time talking about Wayne...;)

I know...I know...just not enough time to fit it all in...
"so many pilots, so little time....":rolleyes: Got to viist with Wayne, too. He doesn't have to make too many excuses....he's BTST.

I missed Ms. Kim entirely last year, so made it a point to visit with her and her other half. I did so enjoy the visits. :)

I didn't take many rides, instead, I gave as many as I could to those that either drove or were spectators watching curiously from the sidelines. I have no idea how many I gave.

The best one was a very appreciative gentlemen and his daughter. We joined up in formation with Matt and his 140. They couldn't quit saying how it was an experience of a lifetime that they won't forget and how great aviation must be. A good way to change people's opinions on aviation.

Jesse, That is one of the reasons that I wanted to get back to Gastons with my plane. I had met some of those by-standers and talked to them and could feel that they wanted a ride. I didn't have my airplane that year and wished that I did. I love to share rides with the kinds of folks you just talked about. I have given a lot of those and I get a thrill every time that I do. Bob

Back