FuelHawk 182L 79 gal.

AK737pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
My new-to-me 1967 182L has long range tanks (79 gals), two filler caps per tank. It came with the FuelHawk straw, but no indication of what its calibrated for- inboard or outboard filler? Anyone know?

Also, what’s the capacity when filled to the inboard filler cap? The POH doesn’t mention it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 182P (1976) with LR tks but one filler each, also use a Fuel Hawk.

I take it that it does actually make a difference from the bottom of the tank? Or if you fill to the top with one filler and then uncap the other, fuel will pour out?

My new-to-me 1967 182L has long range tanks (79 gals), two filler caps per tank. It came with the FuelHawk straw, but no indication of what its calibrated for- inboard or outboard filler? Anyone know?

Also, what’s the capacity when filled to the inboard filler cap? The POH doesn’t mention it.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you need to verify what you really have. Cessna long range tanks have one fuel filler per tank. The hole normally used for the filler on the standard tanks has an access panel there (no filler adapter).

The fillers are usually at or near the highest end of the tank for obvious reasons.

We own an L as well. I really like it. Had a full cabin the other day, lots of gas and it didn't seem to care.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I’ll have to look in the mx books... I’m pretty sure if I topped off the outboard fillers fuel would spill out if I opened the inboard. One tank, two caps.

So maybe the FuelsHawk is accurate at the outboard filler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong suggestion, toss that silly thing in the trash.

Get a nice thick, like 1" diameter by 14" wooden dowel from depot, run a tank dry/drain it, add 2 gal at a time and mark the dowel, do that till your inboards and full, now flip it upside down and do the same with the other side for your outer tanks, take it home and go over the marks with a engraving dremel bit or something.

This was its 100% accurate for YOUR plane, it's also harder to loose in the tank and if you do it floats.

My fuel stick is probably the most important thing I do during my preflight, and after landing.

Strong suggestion, toss that silly thing in the trash.

Get a nice thick, like 1" diameter by 14" wooden dowel from depot, run a tank dry/drain it, add 2 gal at a time and mark the dowel, do that till your inboards and full, now flip it upside down and do the same with the other side for your outer tanks, take it home and go over the marks with a engraving dremel bit or something.

This was its 100% accurate for YOUR plane, it's also harder to loose in the tank and if you do it floats.

My fuel stick is probably the most important thing I do during my preflight, and after landing.

That’ll make for a good summer project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we have matching tanks, you can drain your tank into my 182 :)

Heck, I will even fly it and...!!!LIGHTBULB!!!....I can then measure with my Fuelhawk.

Back