fsbo aircraft- has anyone used it?

Bob S

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bob S
I put my Cessna 140 for sale on Barnstormers and got a call from a guy named Jeff from FSBO Aircraft. They have some affiliation with Ebay Motors and have a nice web page (FSBOaircraft.com). He said they are sort of an aircraft broker- $500 upfront fee and they will market the plane and get, of coarse, top buck. Does anyone know anything about them?

What are they going to do for your 0.5AMU that you can't do for yourself?

What are they going to do for your 0.5AMU that you can't do for yourself?

Hopefully deal with "potential buyers" that don't read the ***-**** ad and waste 2 hours talking to you about the plane and then say "oh, it doesn't have xxx, not interested" WTF a-hole? If it had that I'd have put it in the ******* ad.

For only $500 bucks, yeah, I'd pay someone else to deal with ****heads like that.

But in answer to your question in the original post, no, I have not heard of them. Doesn't mean anything more than that, I haven't heard of them. Take it for what's it's worth (not much :D )

The service offered is supposed to separate the tire kickers from true buyers.

Hi.
He said they are sort of an aircraft broker- $500 upfront fee and they will market the plane and get, of coarse, top buck.

You will get many many calls like that, Don't pay that a dime before the sale, if they want the listing let them advertise it, as a pocket listing, maintain Total control, and if they sell it you will give the $$. They will list high (top buck), wait for months, tell you have to lower the price and months / years later you will not sell your plane, they achieved their goal, put their name in the market and try to get others hooked.
The so called acft dealers / brokers now days are worse than used car salesman.

Last edited:
ebay motors was wearing me out when I listed my plane...... I blocked their number. Same with a small variety of "brokers".

The service offered is supposed to separate the tire kickers from true buyers.

EVERYONE is a tire kicker until they are a buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boating industry has a few broker companies that do that but they mostly suck. Read the fine print. There are all kinds of fees with the boat sites and even if you end up selling it yourself they will try to get a commission.

IMO, if it is in good condition and priced right, it will usually sell itself.

I will stay away. Barnstormers has always worked out for me. I have sold 4 planes over the years

I put my Cessna 140 for sale on Barnstormers and got a call from a guy named Jeff from FSBO Aircraft. They have some affiliation with Ebay Motors and have a nice web page (FSBOaircraft.com). He said they are sort of an aircraft broker- $500 upfront fee and they will market the plane and get, of coarse, top buck. Does anyone know anything about them?

This is a total SCAM. I listed my Lance II and was told if the audition didn’t bring an above reserve bid it would be listed “until it sells”. I gave them $500 and they had a 7 day auction which was not successful.
After which they wanted another $450 to continue the listing. I would definitely stay away from them.
I have tried repeatedly to
Contact “Jeff” but he doesn’t return my calls.

do yourself a favor and google the phone number that the guy called you from and see what you find.

Back