FS: New SwitchBox app, Group Buy and SIM Card access

Question....

I had the box on, default 18 hours. Turned it on around 3pm on sat for a Sunday AM flight. Well, plans were scrubbed. I went to the plane Monday around 1pm thinking I'd just do a few turns in the pattern and go home. I pulled up the android app and it showed the green indicator. Cool. It's been on and she should be warm.

When I opened up the hangar, the box was off and the engine cold. So the app said on, the box was off. My assumption is that the app did not reset itself to indicate off. If this is the case, there is really no way to know without physically going to the plane if the Switchbox is on or not. The app was showing on for about 48 hours at that point.

So it hit the off button and bam, the box turned on. So showing off, box on. This could be rather problematic. Is there a solution to this?

ON the list of devices page, check out the little "sync" icon - Looks like two arrows in a circle.

Click on that and it will explain how the app can be 'syncd' to the box at any time by pressing this button.

It sends the OUT? command and then syncs the outlet status and reception at anytime

p.s. We have an update coming out soon that will really help all Android/Ios/Web app users. Available for download shortly

Hey guys, new Iphone/Ipad app update coming out, and Android as well. Check Apple/Google app stores next week for the free download.

For Iphone/Ipad
- New setup flow (inspired by Android/Web app design) for adding and checking cloud for SwitchBox details. Once you put in your unique phone# and password the cloud will fill in all SB details for you (device name, outlet name, SIM values, whitelist, status, etc) Much easier and cleaner setup now for planes with multiple partners and sharing a SB across many devices.
- Phone timer for outlet 1 shows current status using 'cloud timer'
- Status Refresh on app load and every page
- SIM credits cleaned up (no negative values, pop-up reminder for low balance, etc)

For Android
- Fixed refresh bug
- Updated outlet sync
- Faster refresh across all devices

For travel use on the road, take a pelican case and drill 3x holes for the cables.
Use silicon around the edges and you can leave in the snow and elements when you are transient parking, away from home base.
* I put a small travel lock on the case to attach to front strut for security

SBcase1.JPG

SBcase2.JPG

New press release out for the Iphone, Ipad, Android, and Web that is live for download. Check the aviation press for shootout with different devices and editor reviews.

SwitchBox%20Control%20Free%20App%20NR_1.jpg

SwitchBox%20Control%20Free%20App%20NR_2.jpg

Almost sold out this week. Let us know if you'd like a Switchbox before the holiday schedule this week. Our shop will be closed Thurs/Fri

The Canadian Owners and Pilots Assoication did a write up of Switchbox here.
We had been getting a lot of Canadian customers wanting more info about using T-mobile or how the switchbox works in the back country for them, or all-metal hangars.

The reviewer (COPA president Kevin Pstuka) did a full review of the product and even cold-soaked it in the freezer over night and simulated -20 days up in his area.

Full story and little easier to read here
http://switchboxcontrol.com/industry/

CanadianOwnersPilotAssoication_Jan15_SwitchBox1.jpg

CanadianOwnersPilotAssoication_Jan15_SwitchBox2.jpg

American Bonanza Society in this month's Dec '14 issue mentions Switchbox for winter flying ops
ABS_switchbox_dec14_1.jpg

ABS_switchbox_dec14_2.jpg

IOS Update coming next week. Shows confirmation from Switchbox of commands sent/received and any errors with triggering your box.

You still have the manual sync button to get the app in sync together with your Switchbox. But the 2-way communication (here below) should be a great feature for everyone this winter season.
-

SB_IOSUpdate_1214_1.jpg

SB_IOSUpdate_1214_2.jpg

SB_IOSUpdate_1214_3.jpg

SB_IOSUpdate_1214_4.jpg

A pilot in Vermont is using a 2nd switchbox for his farm ops. (Pictures attached below)

He is preheating a John Deere 5520 and activating a solar energizer/electric fence with a Gallagher system. Great alternative uses for the SB.

SB_Ag1.jpg

SB_Ag2.jpg

SB_Ag3.jpg

SB_Ag4.jpg

Happy holidays everyone. We shipped out all the pre-Xmas orders today, and we will pick up for the new pilot Switchbox orders after the holidays.

For the new orders, check your email for FedEx tracking today; new batch going out before New Years

And download the Iphone, Ipad or Android app to get set up

Happy holidays from switchbox

We are sending out all the New Years orders tomorrow. Check your email for FedEx tracking info.

Almost sold out of current batch. New batch shipping end of week, after these units today.

LED stock is almost gone, and then we will be selling the regular/non-led 16AWG model rest of the season

We have 6x LED switchbox units left, if anyone is interested in that model type.

Shop closed tomorrow due to Storm Juno!
Shipping all new orders here on Wed/Thurs

Write up in COPA Feb '15 below (Canadian Owners and Pilots Association)

CanadianOwnersPilotAssoication_Feb15_SwitchBox1.jpeg

CanadianOwnersPilotAssoication_Feb15_SwitchBox2.jpeg

I have been having errors on Android with WIFi. Are you guys working on something with the app?

On wifi, the device returns an error. If I swap over to cell service, it turns on. It was working fine for several months. It's been this way I'd say since late December-ish.

Wifi and cell-data working fine on Android devices here.
PM me and we can help you some more

I'll try to replicate and send screen shots

About sold out on current batch, new orders just shipped today. Check your email box for FedEx tracking

Check your email boxes for tracking info, on new orders going out today.

Last edited:
Update -- We got a lot of fixes finished for the Android app and that will go live for a free download shortly, on the Google PlayStore. Just check your devices for the free update.

Bugs fixed and new features
- sync button working better
- faster interface and better cross platform performance (planes with partners and multiple apple, android, etc devices all talk to each other better)
- outlet1 phone/cloud timer
- ios/apple style popups
- various bug fixes and improvements

Enjoy, Ill post the download link shortly
Phillip

Last edited:
Back