FS: GNS530W $7000

David Blalock

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
rocket
This unit was taken out of a Cessna 172 for upgrade but was not put back after the upgrade,it is WAAS enabled with the latest v 5.3 software.

Rack,Connector,Antenna and the quick reference manual all included in the sale.It has been packed up and ready to be shipped out.

If anyone on the forum is interested in purchasing,please send a PM and I will respond and soon as I can. I will appreciate a phone call if necessary.

This Garmin unit is WAAS enabled and certified.

Attachments

• Gar530w1.jpg
    Gar530w1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 184
David,

Is this your 172?

Where are you located? I'm interested but only in person...not via the Internet.

My wife posted a little robot floor cleaner on craigslist this morning and within minutes I received the following text:

"To complete this transaction i will need your full name and address and i cut you cashier check and when you clear my cut cashier check my shipper will pick it up" Just wow. Some people.

Do you want my social security number as well?

Sorry David, lots of aviation equipment scams going around. People want a bit more information then I pulled it from a plane and it is already packed in a box and ready to ship. Which means you can not show a picture of the unit, or of the unit actually powering up and running. Even with those pictures this would be a heavy lift to just trust you on a $7000 sale.

I understand what has been going on in the aviation market online,I am very cautious myself when buying or selling. I am located in Nashville TN just in case anyone is interested in buying,I will be available for a face to face transaction.

This board is very gun shy with new, unvented members.

I'd suggest taking a pick of the GPS next you your computer with this thread on the screen. That verifies you have the goods in hand.

Would you be willing to ship to a avionics shop north of Atlanta for a check over and payment upon satisfactory results?

Hawk? They did 2/3 of my panel refresh.

David, I apologize for my "scam" post. I see from the FAA registry that you are a real person and a commercial pilot.

$7000 for a 530W is a great deal, welcome to POA!!! Sorry for the waves.

Best wishes on your sale.

David, I apologize for my "scam" post. I see from the FAA registry that you are a real person and a commercial pilot.

I wouldn't be so quick. I also did a search of the airman's database and found exactly one David Blalock in the database, address unknown. That David Blalock hasn't passed a medical since 1995. That's why I asked in a previous post:

David, Is this your 172?

It was a set up question that he chose not to answer.

Also, the David Blalock in the registry isn't an A&P.

So, if one is not a current pilot and not an A&P, how is it that one has a 530 for sale?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't own the Aircraft as it belongs to a group of which I'm a member.

Thanks for the answer David.

We've had plenty of scammers here. Some of us care about the community here and try to keep our fellow aviators from being screwed.

I will do the same because we all have to look out for one another to create a barricade against the pandemic that has taken over the internet.

David - I responded to your PM. If you will ship it to an avionics shop then YUP I want it. Please respond here or my PM!

Well I'm gonna have to call Scam on this. He PM'd me - I said I wanted it and asked him if he was willing to get a 3rd party avionics shop involved and POOF he vanished. Would have turned a quick profit on this too.. Oh well figured it was too good to be true. You know what they say..........

If it sounds to good to be true,it usually isn't .

Hard to know whom you can trust these days!

Hmmmmm... wondering...

This was this guys first post...

Has anyone ever thought that it might be a good idea to require a minimum number of posts before allowing a new member to post in the classifieds to minimize this problem?

:frown2:

:rolleyes2:

Well it's pretty difficult for someone to go find a random pilot's name and pose as them. Virtually impossible, really.

For heaven sake will you people fly over to come collect this unit if you are interested in buying? I am not sending this unit to no one because this has become an issue on this forum. If you want proof then call me up for a meeting to verify your doubts,as far as this unit is concerned I am not sending it to no soul else it's a face to face deal.

David, what is wrong with dealing with a bonded insured avionics installation company that will verify the unit is a) the real unit, not some grey market knockoff, b) fully functional without defects, and c) upgraded as you state?

You have a very interested buyer, but cause a lot more questions about your own credibility when you refuse to follow a very standard procedure in a deal like this. As long as the avionics shop itself checks out then you know you have a neutral third party involved that would not risk their own business to do something illegal for either side, and insurance to back things up if they do anything stupid.

Then again you might find someone to hand you $7k in cash with absolutely no testing on the pure belief that you are a good guy... I mean some people buy planes without a full pre-buy inspection as well.

This is very first time I will have to deal with a third party so I would rather have interested persons come over,we can then visit the nearest avionic shop to have it tested.
That's the least I can do.

Thanks.

Mods, would you be kind enough to disclose the continent from which the OP is hailing? (no need to disclose his full IP)

Useless. Anyone can buy a VPN that'll hide the real IP they're on for nearly $0.

Useless. Anyone can buy a VPN that'll hide the real IP they're on for nearly $0.

I wouldn't say its "useless"... if it showed a foreign VPN that would still speak volumes.

What I don't understand is if you think its a scam, don't buy it. End or story. Why the witch hunt?

I wouldn't say its "useless"... if it showed a foreign VPN that would still speak volumes.

What I don't understand is if you think its a scam, don't buy it. End or story. Why the witch hunt?

The person asked if the mods could expose the poster's IP address as a method of determining where they are located.

I can make my IP show up from nearly any country you like, for free, with a VPN. You can't tell I'm doing it.

Nobody scamming would choose a "foreign" IP exit point to run a scam from.

(And without checking routing info in near-real-time, there's really no such thing as a "foreign IP" anymore anyway, only knowledge of who issued them. It's easy to find providers who'll route any IP block you own from anywhere -- they don't care.

Actually there's some insanely interesting work being done on prediction and stopping of DDoS attacks that can tell a little bit about planetary location of an attacking server farm by the speed of the propagation of light itself, but it's only accurate under a very restrictive set of circumstances, including that a server farm is being used and not a botnet.)

Could even do it just by firing up Tor or similar.

(Always fun to pop out with a new IP somewhere else on the planet from a nice NSA-operated exit node! Haha. Thanks NSA!)

In other words, IP addresses are generally meaningless. All one has to do is watch firewall logs nowadays to see that.

The person asked if the mods could expose the poster's IP address as a method of determining where they are located.

I can make my IP show up from nearly any country you like, for free, with a VPN. You can't tell I'm doing it.

Nobody scamming would choose a "foreign" IP exit point to run a scam from.
For the record, I did not ask for the IP. Just for the continent.
You are of course right that a smart scammer can hide their IP with some effort. What I was after was whether we might be dealing with a dumb scammer. There are plenty out there. *shrug*

For the record, I did not ask for the IP. Just for the continent.
You are of course right that a smart scammer can hide their IP with some effort. What I was after was whether we might be dealing with a dumb scammer. There are plenty out there. *shrug*

And how would you get the continent... When the only thing the server receives is the IP...

Don't even have to be smart to do it, that stage passed a couple of decades ago It's a free service offered by many.

And any open access point anywhere will also suffice.

Mix the two and you're nearly completely anonymous. If there's MAC address logging at the source, you can spoof that also, or even "borrow" a fellow patron's for a few minutes.

This is just IP networking basics. Anyone with ten minutes to Google can do this stuff even without any previous knowledge.

Well I give up. I offered to buy it if he was willing to send it to a shop. He obviously is not interested at all. I have no dog in the fight at this point so I am opting out on this thread.

If you can fly over then we have a deal,I will PM you my cell just in case you decide to come.

Hi!
Is this a dual 14/28V unit?
Thanks
KY

Back