Flyer522

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flyer522
FS: 1964 Piper PA-28-140 Engine System

1964 Piper Cherokee PA-28-140 Engine System for Sale​

• Supplemental Type Certificate for Avcon Conversion
  • The Engine is a Lycoming O360 A1A. Close to TBO.
  • Propeller HC-C2YK-1B/7666A-2
  • Propeller Governor F-3-2
  • Spinner Assembly 67790
  • Manifold Pressure Gauge

Buyer will be responsible for pick up or shipping. Thanks for looking. PM for more info.

Last edited:
A prop governor on a 140 ?

....and a O-360 ???

Well, there are 140-->180 conversions. I wasn't aware that someone hung a constant speed prop on a short Cherokee airframe. Sounds like a challenge W&B wise.

Well, there are 140-->180 conversions. I wasn't aware that someone hung a constant speed prop on a short Cherokee airframe. Sounds like a challenge W&B wise.
Just makes it a little bit more fun! :yesnod:

Just makes it a little bit more fun! :yesnod:

I imagine with the stubby wings, the extra power and CS prop it would actually make for a decent combo. How did this thing fly when it was in better condition ?

I imagine with the stubby wings, the extra power and CS prop it would actually make for a decent combo. How did this thing fly when it was in better condition ?
Well I never flew it, but according to the guys who did it flew pretty well. No major complaints except you just had to be gentle with it.

Aren't the early Arrows a short Cherokee with folding gear? And we've got a 3 blade CS prop on the club's 1969 Arrow. But, I could be wrong about the family resemblance. :D

The owner has now decided that he only wants to sell the engine system for now. Once that is gone he might sell the rest of the airplane. I will keep all of the contact info for those that were interested in other parts and contact you if your item is up for sale again. Sorry about the confusion.

~Holton

Is this system still available? for how much? How much does the STC go for?

Back