Frustrated

drotto

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
drotto
Just venting. Due to schedule I can only reliably fly one day per week. Despite that I have managed to get all my requirements done, passed the written, and am now to the polish phase of flight training. So the last three scheduled flight have been cancelled due to weather, and it has been three weeks since I have been up!!!

talk to your PCP, they can help you with that condition....oh, wait, nevermind

A lot of people can't even afford to fly....

It happens man. I'm trying to get my CFI knocked out but weather has been really crappy the past couple of weeks.

You'll get used to it. When I first started training, I got frustrated by weather and scheduling delays, too. Now.. weather delay = keeping my relationship with Bank of America on better ground.

A lot of people can't even afford to fly....

:yes:

If the price of goods keep going up, its going to get worse instead of better.

You could live where most of us have to put our airplanes to bed for the winter and you do not see them until spring.

I had to cancel a flight about a year ago due to weather. It made me mad. Move to Arizona and do your flight training.

That's friggin nothing. I was ready at the end of December to take my test. The airport I had to go to literally froze over for a month. Yes, a month. When I went to take my test, we discovered I missed some necessary training, which delayed it a bit more (that's a whole nother story). That was early February. Then I got mono and didn't fly for I think 2-3 months. When I flew again, it was one of the best flights of my life, and then I nailed all aspects of the tests.

Hang in there, it'll happen.

Sorry for your troubles. The Arizona idea seems like a good one.

When I was doing my training, we needed to get out really early in the spring or we couldn't go out. The frozen grass runway would thaw and turn into a muddy mess, and they'd close the airport. Then there was the wind/snow/sleet over the winter... There were 4-5 weeks where I couldn't fly during my training, and my schedule was more flexible than yours.

yeah, wx sux pretty bad when ur eager to train or just fly. but, it will make your accomplishments that much better when they happen. fight thru it!!

Lately I have been 2 weeks+ between flights due to the weather. I need FIKI!!!!!!!!!

Fly in the Pacific Northwe(s)t. I've cancelled lots of flights due to weather over the years. Just the nature of the beast.

I've been dealing with the weather for the past few months. I have Monday and Friday mornings scheduled with my CFI. It's been hit or miss, mostly miss... I had a stretch of 2 weeks of not flying. Sucks when trying to build time and practice before solo. Thankfully, I own my own plane so I just have to work against my CFI's schedule.

What's the sane, better to be on the ground wishing you were flying then flying and wishing you were on the ground?

It's been crappy here since Thanksgiving but the last few days I've flown and it was great.

One of the many things In addition to flying that I learned in flight training was patience.

Just remember: Mother Nature hates check rides! Looks like she hates check ride prep,too. -Skip

Just remember: Mother Nature hates check rides! Looks like she hates check ride prep,too. -Skip
None of my checkrides had to be rescheduled due to weather yet. (Knock on wood) Probably going to take the CFI ride in January so I'll see if weather cooperates

I feel your pain. It was the same way for me. took me a year that way but I succeeded despite the weekly, bi weekly, tri weekly schedule that people from the north east have to deal with. stick to it and it will come.

<bites bottom lip, affects best Bill Clinton voice>

I feel your pain...

attachment.php

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 169
Most GA pilots are grounded from time to time... be it wx, $, or spouse! I would recommend getting some sim time in if you can. It's what I did during those months of no flying.

If planning Arizona, do it soon. In my area, high winds (30-50 MPH at the surface) start showing up in January, are around constantly in Feb-March-April and hang around until late May.

I put myself on the schedule 3 days a week when I was in training during the Spring in order to get ONE flight in due to high winds.

I feel ya. I started training before college started, soled and accumulated 15 hours, but I haven't been up since August. Hopefully that will changed once I'm on break.

Back