Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Here's the view that greeted me out Cabin 77's front door at 6am this morning:

IMG_0673.JPG

A view from our deck, west...

IMG_0674.JPG

Steps leading down to the fogged in river...

IMG_0676.JPG

Good morning Troy. Quite pretty. See you this afternoon!

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....

It is sure easy to take some great pictures at Gaston's isn't it? Bob:smile:

See. I knew it. There's nobody there. NOBODY.

If a plane starts in the woods, will anybody hear it?

:D

More pictures from today.

The traditional Gastons activity (a close second to flying):

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

Something new for Gastons this year... Bull Shoals Police Dept K9 unit, doing drug checks of all the cars in the parking lot, sniffing fenders and wheel wells. Nice German Shepherd.

IMG_0693.JPG

Oh, sorry. I'm from WI. Morning is a great time for beer!

Just returned home today from WI...and yes...I was thinking the same thing.

Me showing up about mid-morning tomorrow at Gastons is still not out of the question...but not highly likely either.

One of the vehicles parked was a "plant" with signage indicating it was an official vehicle for a local K-9 training school. The dog found "something" in that particular vehicle. It appeared the dog was being evaluated.

Something new for Gastons this year... Bull Shoals Police Dept K9 unit, doing drug checks of all the cars in the parking lot, sniffing fenders and wheel wells. Nice German Shepherd.

IMG_0693.JPG

One of the vehicles parked was a "plant" with signage indicating it was an official vehicle for a local K-9 training school. The dog found "something" in that particular vehicle. It appeared the dog was being evaluated.

Ah, that's cool!

Maybe that dog should be check'n the planes, eh?:rofl: Dog's like brownies too!:smilewinkgrin:

I have video of this very funny--and repeatable--occurrence today, but I can't post video from here this weekend...

Every time Dave Taylor took off in his 300hp 3-bladed Bellanca Viking ("The Wooden Wonder") the rumble would set off the car alarm on this truck parked at a nearby cabin...

...you gotta respect that!

I used ta get pictures like that.

Then I wiped off the lens. :rofl:

Landing scorecards? Y'all are evil... and I like it. :D
Someday I'll make it there... try to carry on without me for now. :D

Just remember: what happens at Gaston's, stays at... er is on the internet in 5 min.

I have video of this very funny--and repeatable--occurrence today, but I can't post video from here this weekend...

Every time Dave Taylor took off in his 300hp 3-bladed Bellanca Viking ("The Wooden Wonder") the rumble would set off the car alarm on this truck parked at a nearby cabin...

...you gotta respect that!
Judges scores:
10! :thumbsup:

That car alarm was hilarious. It took us a few times to figure out it was Dave setting it off.

Oh yea, I remember the 185! sigh....I love the sound of airplanes!

Back