Fresh Out of the Oven Private Pilot!

Shamir

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Shamir
Hello fellow AVGEEKS!

Shamir checking in from Puerto Rico, Just got my Private Pilot certificate and will soon be getting into Instrument training!

I joined this community back in 2012 when I was 19 and really wanted to learn how to fly. However, my possibilities where not so good until few months ago!

I've learned a lot from this community, and hope to learn a bunch more!

12301673_10156355857000602_7110474093284906449_n.jpg

Greetings to all from TJIG!

Shamir

Congratulations and welcome to PoA!

I guess the Coquis did not disturb your studying. :)

Welcome to the forum and a big congrats. Now go fly.

What a great feeling, right? Wait till that instrument check ride. You will feel like a king of the skies. It's much harder and mentally taxing, but when it's done, you,will reflect on how easy the ppl really was.

You trying for commercial?

Congrats! You ought to look into minority programs, such as the one Delta has at Western Michigan University, if applicable and you're interested.

Last edited:
Congrats... It's now the start of the real learning.

In PR do the local towers speak in English or Spanish by default?

Thank you all for your great wishes.. and yes, Now i'm starting on the real learning process!

Bugsiegel, Controllers have to speak english! Spanish is not allowed on ATC here. Just like the US. If you head over to a non controlled G airspace airport, maybe you can hear some spanish between pilots but not for general location call-outs!

Thank you all for your great wishes.. and yes, Now i'm starting on the real learning process!

Bugsiegel, Controllers have to speak english! Spanish is not allowed on ATC here. Just like the US. If you head over to a non controlled G airspace airport, maybe you can hear some spanish between pilots but not for general location call-outs!

What are the cross-countries for someone on an island?

How many airports do you have, and what are the distances?

What are the cross-countries for someone on an island?

How many airports do you have, and what are the distances?

My training was done under part 141, so my XC requirements were less than part 61.

What I did was fly from TJIG which is Isla Grande airport in the island main city, San Juan, all the way to TJBQ, Aguadilla airport on the west side of the island. It is a quick 59nm straight distance line over the north shore of the island.

Another XC that I did was from TJIG to TJMZ, Mayaguez airport, around 20nm south of Aguadilla.

Puerto Rico has 10 public airports and several PVT fields.

Part 61 students usually fly from TJIG - TJBQ and then a Long leg to TIST or TISX (St Thomas or St Croix) it is a 125nm leg!

Congrats and welcome to POA... Lots to learn so get out there and fly!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

"Fresh out of the oven".
I like that! Congratulations and welcome.

Congratulations Captain.

Well to the Learning Club...

Back