Fresh Meat for the Forum- and in the Sky

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Folks, what is better than new pilot candidates for abuse and education?

I introduce you all to "Treffin," who has inevitably found that dirt bikes and sport bikes and kayaks do not sufficiently deplete his finances, and who further recognizes that flight on wings is one of the greatest imperatives of humanity.

Plus, he knows that airplanes are cool and has a cousin with a 172.

So, having secured his third-class medical (along with his nephew), I expect "Treffin" (call him, Dave) to soon become a aviator, and he sure as heck should make good fodder for the POA mill.

He has flown with me and seen my exquisite skill in the air (and how you really can close the door on a Deb, in flight, with the proper technique, never mind what that says about the pre-takeoff checklist that night).

===

Next, I direct your attention to "PhilipMVG," who also has just dipped his wizened old toe into the POA-pond, favors fast cars and also just got his 3rd Class. Phil is additionally burdened by the unfortunate fact of being related to... ummm... me.

Phil has flown with me, too, including being the guy who set up my post-Katrina relief flight by securing the bunch of computer gear for the New Orleans Children's Hospital that we flew to Natchitoches. He was so impressed, he slept through the whole thing.

===

So, both of these guys are charged with learning how to drive an airplane and, in the process, avoiding the pitfall of picking up any bad habits from me.

Please make them welcome- they are up to the abuse! :yes:

Well, Spike I am going to go easy on them...but did you inform them about the initiation process?!

a friend of spikes is a ....... friend indeed, yeah thats it :)

welcome!

Dave and Phil,

Welcome to POA and welcome to the world of flight!! We expect updates from all students!

Oh geez...you HAD to do that didn't you? I was going to save the pain and do the hide-n-watch routine for awhile.

Seriously, Thank You for the welcome, gentlemen (loose terminology I'm sure). Can't wait to get started. Now if my flight kit would only get here faster I can get started. I will try not to run over (into) anyone in the meantime.

By the way...my nephew Chase has also joined. His ID is "slugger". We will both be making tracks towards getting into the sky over the next few months.

David
(Treffin)

:blueplane:

Last edited:
David, Phil & Chase...

Welcome aboard! No flight attendants but the peanuts are plentiful!

:goofy:

Did you make sure they know the most important phrase, "...any traffic in the area...."?

Hey, and don't forget about my favorite Redhead. She now has about 17 hours and will solo as soon as she gets her medical straightened out.

I know she is more physically adept than I and will most likely surpass my skills very quickly.

Gosh spike, how much did you have to pay him to fly with you? Oh well, if they can survive your flying skills, they'll fit right in with the rest of us crazy pilots! Hehe! j/k
;)

Gosh spike, how much did you have to pay him to fly with you? Oh well, if they can survive your flying skills, they'll fit right in with the rest of us crazy pilots! Hehe! j/k
;)
It's not how much he had to pay him to fly with spike, but how much he'll have to pay him to fly AGAIN with spike - ignorance can be bliss, but experience can be terrifying! :D :D

Welcome, guys - have fun! :)

Spike, You mean that sometimes when you offer a flight to someone you're serious? :D (Inside joke with Andrew and me)

Welcome, new guys!

Status Update:

Well I just got down on the ground from my second flight on Spike Airways. It was successful and this time the door didn't come open at 1500 ft. He's actually getting pretty good at this.

For what it's worth, he didn't pay me to fly with him and he didn't ask me to write this either.

Dave

Spike: IM me for the ABA routing number.

Spike, You mean that sometimes when you offer a flight to someone you're serious? :D (Inside joke with Andrew and me)

Welcome, new guys!

I've had girls at frat parties tease me less than Spike. I'll remember that...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Thank you one and all for the warm welcome...........well we have the medical and the ability to take lessons and perhaps even get as far as a potential license someday............

Both Dave and I have to travel weekly so trying to fit flying lessons into our typical schedules is going to be a challenge.............

Did see some Nascar logos in one of the replies so happy to see a fellow Nascar Nation member.............did make the Busch race this weekend from our Condo at TMS but had to take a red eye back to LGA for Car Show in West Hartford yesterday so I missed the show............during the massive showers about 150 people turned out for the show so it was worth the effort........

Have flown with Spike quite a bit and I keep wondering why he doesn't just pick up a Falcon 50 so we can do some serious travel.............

Again thanks and like David will probably be asking for a lot of advice as we move along................or "take it one step at a time"..........

Still have not had my first ride as a "Student Pilot" but hope to get that in this weekend............

Phil

It may set a record for the longest time in training due to my travel schedule but sort of figure that it will happen when it happens............

At least when I fly with Spike I get to wear one of those neat headsets that let's him talk when he wants to ...........................

I introduce you all to "Treffin" He has flown with me...

Phil has flown with me, too
Gee whiz Spike. You never offered to take me flying!!! :no: :dunno: :p :D

David, Phil & Chase...welcome to the wonderful world of flying, and to the PoA forum. :)

Gee whiz Spike. You never offered to take me flying!!! :no: :dunno: :p :D

David, Phil & Chase...welcome to the wonderful world of flying, and to the PoA forum. :)

Diana, after the thrill you gave ME, i could never hope to compete!

Back