Free flight lessons in So Cal

Thomas R.

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
OC Aviation
I'm tired of all the negativity I see on here all the time with people bickering back and forth so let's put a stop to that for at least one thread

I'm going to give away some free flight lessons no cash no BS go over to my website TRCAviationAcademy.com

Click on the link above that says

"Free SIM time"

Fill out the form and I will put you on the list to come try out our full motion Redbird FMX/CL G1000 simulator. Out of all the people that fill ouy their information to come fly the sim I will choose 1 maybe 2 maybe 3 and give away some free flight time in the actual airplane with an instructor.

Feel free to spread this around as you wish. We are based at KSNA John Wayne Airport. The flight lesson can be anything in my PA-28 from private pilot's stuff to instrument to commercial.

Or if you are a certificated pilot and you just want to go up for a joyride and some free time that's fine with me too want to use your free time is your "check out" to be able to rent for me in the future I've got no problem with that either.

I don't care if you are a student pilot a commercial pilot and instrument pilot or working on any of those ratings.

But not to fret by the end of summer I will probably give away some free multi-engine time as well.

Remember no catch no gimmick no BS I will give every single person that signs up time to come down and play with my full-motion simulator and one two or possibly three lucky people will get some free flight time.

Hope to see you all soon!

Thomas

Hey Thomas, I just want to say good luck in your business and I hope it continues to go well with you. It is good to see someone trying to use goodwill and creative marketing strategies to draw people into aviation and to hopefully make it more affordable. The industry could use more business owners like you.

Hey Thomas, I just want to say good luck in your business and I hope it continues to go well with you. It is good to see someone trying to use goodwill and creative marketing strategies to draw people into aviation and to hopefully make it more affordable. The industry could use more business owners like you.

Thanks you I appreciate it very much. If your ever in so cal give us a call and ill take you up for a flight personally :)

This is a really cool thing for you to do! I'll be flying into John Wayne the last week of September for a week of work training. Love that airport.

I just signed up because I'm somewhat local and I've never been in a simulator. I see you have a location at PRB. I'm really close to that. Is there a simulator there also? Thanks for the great offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a really cool thing for you to do! I'll be flying into John Wayne the last week of September for a week of work training. Love that airport.
Give us a call come on in and check out our simulator or rent a plane or do both you'll have a blast

I just signed up because I'm somewhat local and I've never been in a simulator. I see you have a location at PRB. I'm really close to that. Is there a simulator there also? Thanks for the great offer.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Kevin unfortunately we don't have a simulator at the Paso Robles location....Yet.. The sim is only located down here at John Wayne Airport. My Paso Robles location is on standby at the moment we're trying to get a program going with a college up in that area to provide Flight Training and college credit at the same time and enabling people to use bona fide federal student loans and federal grants to subsidize their pilot training. As we get that rolling or I should say if we get that rolling we will install another sim up there as well.

Now our email server has been blowing up with people wanting to come down and try the sim. I just saw your entry comes through over my phone this morning. Let us know when you're ready to come down to Southern California and you can fly over and park at Atlantic at KSNA & we'll pick you up and bring you over and you can try out our full motion sim out.

That's a real nice offer. Unfortunately, I have made it to O.C. something like four times in the last 20 years. Been further north many times, and I occasionally rent out of WJF.

Good luck at PRB. I was just down there earlier this week with the ****load of CAP orientation rides. If you were flying around there, you had to notice. We had a total of 13 aircraft in the air, half to PRB and the other half to SMX, all operating out of SBP.

CalFire was operating out of both locations. Getting busy.

What local college is around PRB? I thought they were all further south (Cuesta and CalPoly).

Cuesta is the one. They fall within the required radius for the VA to be happy they have a satellite campus apparently not too far away.

I was not up there at Paso Robles we have a very nice facility but it's very seldom that we are up there just due to the fact that there's not a great demand for Flight Training just yet in that area I have had that location there for almost 2 years.

Anyways I appreciate the gracious replies just know you are always welcome down at our Southern California location and when we get Paso Robles running full-time you are always welcome there.

Thomas

Isn't SBP a whole lot closer to Cuesta than PRB? And I'd imagine you'd get a lot of VA folks as close as that is to Vandenberg AFB. Lots of good training areas eastward as well, and for the instrument guys, there are some interesting nearby procedures (SMX has a BC approach, and SBP has a BC SID).

Just signed up. This is an incredible offer. I'm hoping this will be my motivation to begin my instrument rating.

Actually, I think a Santa Maria location would be ideal. In between SLO and Lompoc so camp Roberts and the Berg are in your AO.

Actually, I think a Santa Maria location would be ideal. In between SLO and Lompoc so camp Roberts and the Berg are in your AO.
Santa Maria is the only place I've ever been asked to widen my pattern. I fly tight 1/2 mile patterns as a rule, but SMX Tower wants them at least a mile out. Not sure that's so great for students.

Plus, they have to deal with the pink centerline (I think that nice DC10 tanker CalFire keeps there has a leak).

Hi Kevin unfortunately we don't have a simulator at the Paso Robles location....Yet.. The sim is only located down here at John Wayne Airport. My Paso Robles location is on standby at the moment we're trying to get a program going with a college up in that area to provide Flight Training and college credit at the same time and enabling people to use bona fide federal student loans and federal grants to subsidize their pilot training. As we get that rolling or I should say if we get that rolling we will install another sim up there as well.

Now our email server has been blowing up with people wanting to come down and try the sim. I just saw your entry comes through over my phone this morning. Let us know when you're ready to come down to Southern California and you can fly over and park at Atlantic at KSNA & we'll pick you up and bring you over and you can try out our full motion sim out.
Come to Everett, WA, please... The flight schools up here are great, but I think what you're doing may wake people up and have them reconsider learning to fly! I hope to get my PPL in the next 2 years (FAA willing), and I'll make it a point to stop by, even if the offer is expired. I like meeting people that shake things up for the better.

Thomas, can you pack the sim into a suitcase and bring it to Texas? I'd love to log some ME time.
(joking, I know RedBird simulators are not home sims - which is my joke point for all the sim haters out there :) )

Too bad you aren't anywhere close, I'd fly up and take you up on your offer.
Enjoy hooking the fish!

Thomas, can you pack the sim into a suitcase and bring it to Texas? I'd love to log some ME time.
(joking, I know RedBird simulators are not home sims - which is my joke point for all the sim haters out there :) )

Too bad you aren't anywhere close, I'd fly up and take you up on your offer.
Enjoy hooking the fish!

KGPM has one ready for you. I'm sure they will want to swipe the CC at then though......

That's awesome of you to advertise and market this way. Unfortunately, I'm a little far away :p

Thomas and I coordinated on a flight when I was in San Diego last week. Unfortunately, I had a conflict arise and we couldn't go up together, but he made me a great offer with price, was willing to fly to meet me (no charge) and even put together a very fun flight path/tour for us. I had some safety concerns regarding Catalina and he was quick to respond to them and address them. I definitely plan to reach out to him again when I'm back in SD next year!

Thanks again, Thomas!

Thomas, I will give you a shout next time I'm at SNA.

Back