Free at last! Free at last! Thank G*d almighty...

well, soon, anyway -

wouldn't a nice universal power adapter be nice? 2012 ain't all that far away, I guess... :)
industries have fought this for years. The main reason was that they did not want the connector chosen for them. Look at Apple, they are still using a proprietary connector. But now that mini-usb has become all the rage companies see some value in standardizing the connector and chargers.

Well, those that use USB are pretty much universal, as long as you have one that meets or exceeds the milliamps required.

I'm suspecting that having a standard could be a drag on innovation on battery technology - not that any seem to have fixed the issues with size/weight and run time.

Korea was trying to mandate something like this for laptop computers a year or two ago. Industry got together and killed it. Industry standards, openly and voluntarily adopted - great. Government mandated standards - not always so great.

Korea was trying to mandate something like this for laptop computers a year or two ago. Industry got together and killed it. Industry standards, openly and voluntarily adopted - great. Government mandated standards - not always so great.
WAPI!!!

I hope they also could come up with a "Standard" for the ubiqutous power wart so they wouldn't take up 2 spots on a power strip.

I hope they also could come up with a "Standard" for the ubiqutous power wart so they wouldn't take up 2 spots on a power strip.

Just buy a power strip that has the receptacles more spread out with wall warts in mind. They do exist, I have one or two. Or, Belkin (I think) has an octopus cable that has multiple short cords coming out of a central box with a switch (and breaker?) that gives you all sorts of flexibilty.

But, I understand your complaint. Wall warts are a pain at times.

Just buy a power strip that has the receptacles more spread out with wall warts in mind. They do exist, I have one or two. Or, Belkin (I think) has an octopus cable that has multiple short cords coming out of a central box with a switch (and breaker?) that gives you all sorts of flexibilty.

But, I understand your complaint. Wall warts are a pain at times.

Attachments

• power_squid-inuse.jpg
    power_squid-inuse.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 51
  • liberator.jpg
    liberator.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 51
Back