Four day trip out of Madison WI

Eagle 2000

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Eagle 2000
After last year's epic out of Las Vegas another flying buddy and I have rented a plane for four days just after Oshkosh, out of Madison. We have an Arrow so decent speed, and would appreciate any ideas of cool places to fly for a four day trip. Happy to fly a couple of two hour legs per day. Thanks for all suggestions!

Check out the Air Force museum at Dayton.

For something at the other end of the spectrum, head up into the lake country in northern Minnesota. It's gorgeous from the air at that time of year (don't forget the bug spray though!).

The UP (Upper Peninsula) Island tour: 2P2 Washington Island, KSJX Beaver Island, KMCD Mackinac Island, KDRM Drummond Island. Or any parts thereof. If the water makes you nervous, you can follow the coastline to each one. 2P2 has turf runways, but ample length to take off with an Arrow.

OK all, so here is a draft itinerary - let me know what you think.

KMSN Madison - 2P2 Washington Island - KSJX Beaver Island (overnight) - KMCD Mackinac Island - KDRM Drummond Island - 4R5 Major Gilbert (overnight) - KDLH Duluth - KGPZ Grand Rapids - KFCM Flying Cloud (overnight) - KMDW Chicago Midway - KMSN Madison

Just fly up to Cumberland WI for a couple days and get your seaplane rating from my friend Sandi Randall at Romeo Aviation.

Madison to Ann Arbor KARB (Henry ford museum)

Side trip to Dayton? USAF museum I head is great.

KARB to mackinac island or beaver island

KMCD to Washington island or cherryland KSUE (Door county)

KSUE to breakfast at central county 68C if you can arrange on a Fri/ Sat

Return to MSN

.. lots of great places with an Arrow and 2 hour duration.

KRAP to see the big faces carved into a mountainside. KBIS, I'll buy you a beer (if you're spending the night). KMIB and KRDR for instrument approaches on active air force bases.

Back