Found the Found bush hawk, dude! why wasn't this THE plane to get?

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
What a sweet little plane, tons of space, good performance, simple systems, surprised they didn't become super common place.

display-asset

1749584.jpg

1486911.jpg

2007-found-aircraft-co-bush-hawk-xp-for-sale-6.jpg

display-asset

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?make=FOUND+AIRCRAFT+CO&s-type=aircraft

The tailwheel variant looks similar to a Husky..

It’s calling your name James..

The tailwheel variant looks similar to a Husky..

It’s calling your name James..

Lol, it would take a DHC-2 to get my out of my skywagon, and god knows I don't need those expenses or hangar fitment issues

There was one tied down for 2 days at 44N last year.
It arrived in the middle of the night, and took off in the middle of the night. No one saw the pilot either time.
I had a chance to look it over. It's a pretty imposing hunk of hardware.
You could fit a family of 6 in the back and have room for a collie. Mostly, that's a joke.
I do remember thinking, "A great flying Winnebago for Oshkosh."

That yoke arrangement is fugly. Cessnanza.

It looks pretty cool, but from the pictures it looks like they can't decide whether to put the single wheel in the front or back.

It looks pretty cool, but from the pictures it looks like they can't decide whether to put the single wheel in the front or back.

We all know the correct answer is in the back, but you got to still be able to sell to people who aren't good enough to fly tailwheel ;)

An amazing airplane, at least on paper as I never saw one in person. I was seriously looking at these 7 or so years ago when they went under.
At that time they were $500k fully loaded IIRC which is an absolute bargain for what u get.
Basically it’s a new Beaver.

My friends who own several and a beaver say they haul 400 pounds less than the beaver (800 vs 1200) but they can get in and out of places loaded you wouldn’t dare take a beaver.

Looks sweet on floats and pretty nice with the tailwheel but the trike version looks a bit ungainly.

Back