Found my lost dog on Craigslist

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
And in under an hour. How sweet is that!

attachment.php

attachment.php

aaaww, cute doggie. what was the reward????? :) sorry, had to ask.

She chipped?

aaaww, cute doggie. what was the reward????? :) sorry, had to ask.

I was going to offer $250 but would have paid more if some money grubbing SOB held out for more. She was picked up by a very sweet Latino couple that saw her on the street a few blocks from my house and was worried she might get hit by a car. I have mixed feelings about that because I went driving looking for her shortly after she got out and if they'd let her alone I would have had her but I don't begrudge what they did at all.

I don't know if you're familiar with Latino culture but accepting a reward for something that people should just do is something high-class Latinos just don't do. It took some serious arm-twisting just to get them to take $100 and go out to dinner on me.

She chipped?

Yes, she originally came from the county Animal Shelter. The day she went missing I called and verified that the registration on the chip was current and they had my correct cell phone number.

I don't know if you're familiar with Latino culture but accepting a reward for something that people should just do is something high-class Latinos just don't do. It took some serious arm-twisting just to get them to take $100 and go out to dinner on me.

That drives home the point that looking down on Latinos as a group is really clueless.

For those interested, the various GPS based "on collar" devices and associated service work pretty good.

I have the Tagg device (now owned by a company called Whistle) on my Anatolian Shepherd. The few times she has gotten out from the house or the salvage yard, I was able to fire up the app, hit LOCATE, and was able to get within 50 yards of her location. Close enough to where she would hear me calling and would come to me.

Great you were able to get her back so quickly. All three times my dog has gotten out he has been one house down just sniffing around. Not very adventurous I guess.

Glad you got the doggie back safely......

Also glad it didn't get hit by a car.. I know that area well and it is congested....

Just what I thought, a bunch of Huff po hit pieces, plus a large dallop of Trump mis-characterizations.

Glad you got the doggie back safely......

Also glad it didn't get hit by a car.. I know that area well and it is congested....

Yeah, I lost two dogs on 67th Avenue, and that was back when it was only two lanes, it's five lanes now and people drive 50 miles per hour plus.

Yeah, I lost two dogs on 67th Avenue, and that was back when it was only two lanes, it's five lanes now and people drive 50 miles per hour plus.

Wow.... 5 lanes......

Last time I was there it was a small 2 lane road with Steak and Shake on one corner and Arbetters hotdogs one block to the west...

Just what I thought, a bunch of Huff po hit pieces, plus a large dallop of Trump mis-characterizations.

I scanned through the first five pages of headlines, and only saw two from the Huffington Post, and didn't see Trump mentioned until page 4.

I scanned through the first five pages of headlines, and only saw two from the Huffington Post, and didn't see Trump mentioned until page 4.

Sorry..... Wrong number.... Please check you number and dial again...:lol::lol:

Wow.... 5 lanes......

Last time I was there it was a small 2 lane road with Steak and Shake on one corner and Arbetters hotdogs one block to the west...

That's 87th Avenue and Bird you're thinking of. That's two miles west of me. The Arbetter's is still there, still going strong. 87th Avenue has been widened too, its two lanes in each direction and the median. Of course, Bird Road is three lanes in each direction plus the median. I saw a bumper sticker once that said "Pray for me, I drive on Bird Road. I once had one dog that thought it would be funny to get out of the house, cross Bird Road, and wait for me over at the supermarket. Luckily, he only did that once.

That's 87th Avenue and Bird you're thinking of. That's two miles west of me. The Arbetter's is still there, still going strong. 87th Avenue has been widened too, its two lanes in each direction and the median. Of course, Bird Road is three lanes in each direction plus the median. I saw a bumper sticker once that said "Pray for me, I drive on Bird Road. I once had one dog that thought it would be funny to get out of the house, cross Bird Road, and wait for me over at the supermarket. Luckily, he only did that once.

Yup... Galloway road....
I am getting old....:redface::redface::redface::redface:

He's talking about illegals coming over the border, and you know what, he is right, there are rapists, druggies and criminals coming across the border, along with the people who maybe never broke a law in their lives, except for crossing the border illegally. It's upsetting I know, but no need to accuse him of hating latinos because he speaks the truth and it doesn't fit your narrow view.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...bout-illegal-alien-crime-the-media-covers-up/

I was moving and stop at a gas station and its pouring down rain. Coming down in sheets with lighting and lots of thunder. There was this real scared dog running between the pumps and from car to car. He came to me and he had a collar on with a phone number. I call the number standing there getting soaked. No answer. I look around and cars are coming and going and no one cares about this poor dog. I put him in the truck and head out. I kept saying I know this dog lives right around here. But it was around 1 am and no one would answer the phone. We head down the road. Get to where we are going and I try to settle the poor animal down and we got to sleep. The next morning I get the owner on the phone. He tells me during really bad storms this dog gets so scared he bolts. He was really scared. The min I found out who he was the dog and I was back on the road.
After about an hr we are at his home. The man is waiting for me at the end of the driveway. I get out as does the dog. The dog is so happy and goes running towards the house. He gets about halfway home and stops in his tracks. Looks back at me and comes running towards me. He jumps up into my arms and just starts licking me all over. He was so very thankful to be home. This was a collie. I will never forget it. I have drove by that home a few times and have seen that man with his dog. I smile as I go by.

He's talking about illegals coming over the border, and you know what, he is right, there are rapists, druggies and criminals coming across the border, along with the people who maybe never broke a law in their lives, except for crossing the border illegally. It's upsetting I know, but no need to accuse him of hating latinos because he speaks the truth and it doesn't fit your narrow view.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...bout-illegal-alien-crime-the-media-covers-up/

You don't know anything about my views or how wide or narrow they may be but this isn't the spin zone and we should have never brought that in here.

You don't know anything about my views or how wide or narrow they may be but this isn't the spin zone and we should have never brought that in here.

You are right, I can only go by what you post, and Trump picture spoke volumes. BTW, I didn't bring it in here, but it ticks me off when the other poster implies that Latinos are looked down on by any more than a bigoted few.

You are right, I can only go by what you post, and Trump picture spoke volumes. BTW, I didn't bring it in here, but it ticks me off when the other poster implies that Latinos are looked down on by any more than a bigoted few.

I have no opinion about whether the number of bigots is many or few. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Glad you got the pooch back! I know I'd be a mess if I was in that situation.

It only says that I don't think much of Donald Trump.

You should probably put a tag on your dog's collar with your name and phone number on it.

Dog ownership 101

Last edited:
You should probably put a tag on your dog's collar with your name and phone number on it.

Dog ownership 101

Yes sure, but this is about the second time she got out in the last 4-5 years so I've gotten kind of lax with that. She's not a runner and she does have a chip in her but you're right, I'm going to get a name tag for her

Glad you have your dog home safe. I would empty my wallet out if it meant getting my dog back.

Glad you have your dog home safe. I would empty my wallet out if it meant getting my dog back.

Well if it was just my wallet I had to empty out then no worries. The question is would I empty out my bank account. Would you? How much?

I spent 2K on one of mine that had a tumor, I was told it was a 10 percent chance she would live through it and no time line on how long she would live after. I pre paid and didn't care what it cost, 10 percent was better then nothing. She actually lived a healthy life for 5 more years after, the vet called her the wonder dog. I can make more money, my dogs are like my kids.

Well if it was just my wallet I had to empty out then no worries. The question is would I empty out my bank account. Would you? How much?

I could never take a reward for sheltering someone's dog for a day or three, but if it turned into weeks, or months, or if there were a vet bill, then some reimbursement would be proper. :redface:

Glad you got Brownie back.

I could never take a reward for sheltering someone's dog for a day or three, but if it turned into weeks, or months, or if there were a vet bill, then some reimbursement would be proper. :redface:

Glad you got Brownie back.

It was only a day, I lost her on Tuesday got her back on Wednesday. I could probably have found her on Tuesday night if had thought of Craigslist but I didn't think of that till Wednesday.

This thing I mentioned about Latinos goes way deeper than this. I've lived in Miami for about 35 years and one thing I've discovered is that Latinos hate when you try to compensate them in any way for doing a favor or for doing something nice.

Back