Former Anheuser-Busch CEO fails sobriety test / helicopter

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
http://jalopnik.com/former-anheuser-busch-ceo-arrested-after-failing-a-sobr-1796829216

Apparently he blew a .000 but still failed the test as they believed he was under the influence of other controlled substances. If what is written in the article is true they probably saved this guy's life, and maybe others on the ground

I wonder if there is more to this though:
"Local police discovered the helicopter casually parked in the middle of the Bronze Pointe Office Park parking lot around 12:45 p.m. Monday. After contacting the Federal Aviation Administration, police were forced to stop Busch from attempting to take off around 8:00 p.m."

I don't know Chewie fly casually

isn't anxiety treated with medication no no for a medical?
He managed to get a 1st class medical last month with no SI. I'm assuming that either his medical or pilot certificate will be suspended very soon.

This sentence is in the article, "I wonder what cheat code he used to spawn that in?".

WTF does that mean?

This sentence is in the article, "I wonder what cheat code he used to spawn that in?".

WTF does that mean?
Just a stupid reference to the video game "Grand Theft Auto" that he mentions in the last sentence. This wasn't exactly the best news source for this story.

This wasn't exactly the best news source for this story.
Yup. Jalopnik is going downhill. Gawker media has *never* been a beacon of sound journalism, but Jalopnik used to be a nice little haven.. that's slowly changing as the writers get swapped out

He landed in the parking lot of my former employer. When I saw the first news story, I was thinking to myself, "Why in the world does that address sound so familiar... OH! CRAZY!"

Busch IV has had... quite a history.

In 1983, while attending U of Arizona, he was involved in an accident that resulted in the death of his passenger. He left a bar, crashed on a 25 mph curve, left the scene of the accident and was found 4 miles away in his house, bloody, with a fractured skull, a sawed off shotgun, and in a dazed condition. Bud Light cans and his driver license were found on the scene of the accident.

He was not charged with *anything* as a result of the accident and death. I should add that the hospital "lost" the urine sample, and that his blood sample was run through a centrifuge, rendering it useless.

In 1985 he was involved in a high speed car chase up the street from where I currently live. He left PT's, a strip club on the other side of the river. He attempted to run over two police officers. He was acquitted of the assault charges.

About 8 years ago his girlfriend was found dead in his house, in which he was actually occupying at the time. Ruled accidental OD.

If any of the rest of us nobodies had just one of these things on our record, we'd probably still be (rightfully) in jail.

He landed in the parking lot of my former employer. When I saw the first news story, I was thinking to myself, "Why in the world does that address sound so familiar... OH! CRAZY!"

Busch IV has had... quite a history.

In 1983, while attending U of Arizona, he was involved in an accident that resulted in the death of his passenger. He left a bar, crashed on a 25 mph curve, left the scene of the accident and was found 4 miles away in his house, bloody, with a fractured skull, a sawed off shotgun, and in a dazed condition. Bud Light cans and his driver license were found on the scene of the accident.

He was not charged with *anything* as a result of the accident and death. I should add that the hospital "lost" the urine sample, and that his blood sample was run through a centrifuge, rendering it useless.

In 1985 he was involved in a high speed car chase up the street from where I currently live. He left PT's, a strip club on the other side of the river. He attempted to run over two police officers. He was acquitted of the assault charges.

About 8 years ago his girlfriend was found dead in his house, in which he was actually occupying at the time. Ruled accidental OD.

If any of the rest of us nobodies had just one of these things on our record, we'd probably still be (rightfully) in jail.

Wow. Just wow.

Years ago I dated a girl whose father was an executive for Budweiser. Every time he saw me he would hand me as many 12 packs as I wanted. At their house there was always cold beer available and the family drank constantly. Not over drinking, not drunk, just always a beer in hand. It was just too much for me.

...If any of the rest of us nobodies had just one of these things on our record, we'd probably still be (rightfully) in jail.

None of it is "on his record"...

Not to mention, you clearly do not have an understanding of our failings of our criminal justice system, and exactly how much it takes to keep someone in jail. Throughout my career, I've been routinely shown that you can have things like:
10 breaking and enterings in the past 5 years, and still sentenced to less than 6 months for a new breaking and entering...
5 assaults in the past 2 years, and still get just 30 days in jail for assaulting someone...
20 fraudulent uses of a credit card in the past year, and still get probation for a current fraud case...

By the way, these are just the three I had this week. Also, you get MUCH less serious punishment for heroin possession, than a simple drunk driving (At least I know the reasons for this one: groups like MADD lobby for stricter punishment, not to mention, you can't fine the heroin addicts because they won't pay, while your typical drunk driver will).

None of it is "on his record"...

Let me revise my statement, then, since we're being literal about this: "If any of the rest of us nobodies had been in any of these situations, it/they would be on our record, and we'd (hopefully) still be in jail."

Our justice system needs some serious reform. Looking forward to reading https://www.amazon.com/Chicken****-Club-Justice-Department-Criminals/dp/1501121367

Let me revise my statement, then, since we're being literal about this: "If any of the rest of us nobodies had been in any of these situations, it/they would be on our record, and we'd (hopefully) still be in jail."

Our justice system needs some serious reform. Looking forward to reading https://www.amazon.com/Chicken****-Club-Justice-Department-Criminals/dp/1501121367
Then I would revise: if ALL of this was on any of our records, we probably STILL wouldn't be in jail. It's a sorry system...I routinely feel like I'm wasting time.

That sucks. I'm really sorry. Know that your work IS appreciated, despite your experience.
Thanks...and I do enjoy my work...but at times it is frustrating when I work for months on a case, and the suspect gets less punishment time than the time I have into it.

Not to mention, you clearly do not have an understanding of our failings of our criminal justice system, and exactly how much it takes to keep someone in jail. Throughout my career, I've been routinely shown that you can have things like:
I'm not sure I'd call them failings. They're safeguards to ensure we don't lock up innocent people. As Blackstone said, "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

August busch has been involved in the deaths of 2 women in the past 30 years and apparently he had guns prescription rx and guns in the chopper. Looks like he landed the sonnova gun in a Walmart Parking Lot

I'm not sure I'd call them failings. They're safeguards to ensure we don't lock up innocent people. As Blackstone said, "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
I'm referring to convictions...and subsequent little-to-no jail time.

Story on page 8 of the local paper:
"While being arraigned, the suspect attempted to escape by grabbing the officers gun.
The judge released him on his own recognizance."

yay team

I'm referring to convictions...and subsequent little-to-no jail time.
Do you think that longer sentences would reduce the rate of recidivism? If yes, on what basis? If no, then what would the point of longer sentences serve? The violent ones I could see the purpose of, but non-violent?

"I'm not only the president, I'm also a client."

Nauga,
feedin' the goats and drinkin' the beer

We had the "rich man" thread start back up recently.

At what dollar amount of net worth do you suppose you can just start saying "Laws are for peasants?" Because we all know there is one.

Brownie points if you're below that dollar amount but had enough charisma and charm to lie convincingly and become a politicians so you can do it without paying for it yourself. But that's cheating.

Let's stick to the number for a non-politician.

Do you think that longer sentences would reduce the rate of recidivism? If yes, on what basis? If no, then what would the point of longer sentences serve? The violent ones I could see the purpose of, but non-violent?
If it doesn't, then why have jail/prison time at all?

And from my experience, the opposite is true when it comes to violent vs non-violent. Prison time does nothing to the violent offender...often their crime is a "crime of passion" where the threat of punishment means nothing.
The non-violent offender is the one that a long prison sentence gets their attention.

You put the violent offender away to protect society.

August busch has been involved in the deaths of 2 women in the past 30 years and apparently he had guns prescription rx and guns in the chopper. Looks like he landed the sonnova gun in a Walmart Parking Lot

Don't forget he had eight dogs in the helicopter. Burn him!

Don't forget he had eight dogs in the helicopter. Burn him!
He also had prescription bottles for Xanax and Klonopin with his name on them in the helicopter. Both are prohibited drugs. Seeing as how he got a 1st class medical last month, it would be a pretty safe bet that he falsified his MedXpress.

Back