Formation Flying Jumbo Style

That was an awesome video
icon14.gif

Okay, that was cool. I wonder how the cost of that compares to the cost of a Blue Angle show. My guess is 10X was spent on the AirBus formation demo compared to the Blue's. Makes me wonder why they didn't just CGI it. The cool factor would go down but only for aviation geeks like us...

Okay, that was cool. I wonder how the cost of that compares to the cost of a Blue Angle show. My guess is 10X was spent on the AirBus formation demo compared to the Blue's. Makes me wonder why they didn't just CGI it. The cool factor would go down but only for aviation geeks like us...

I thought the Europeans were man induced climate change fanatics? :dunno:

Pretty damn KOOL....:yes::yes:..

But....

They must have been able to turn off the Fly BY Wire computers as they limit bank angles to 37 degrees..... and some of the those breaks were in excess of 45 degrees..

Pretty damn KOOL....:yes::yes:..

But....

They must have been able to turn off the Fly BY Wire computers as they limit bank angles to 37 degrees..... and some of the those breaks were in excess of 45 degrees..

Despite popular opinion, you can hand fly an AirBus.

Despite popular opinion, you can hand fly an AirBus.
Despite popular opinion, 'fly by wire' is not equivalent to 'envelope protection' nor are either of them all-or-nothing.

Nauga,
and his mode switching

I bet that would be loud flying overhead

No they don't. The limit is 67 degrees. At 35 degrees, (IIRC) the airplane will tell you it doesn't like it, but it won't stop you there.

And that is in Normal Law. In Alternate Law, (Again, IIRC) you can pretty much do what you want. (Maybe it was Direct Law. Been too long and too many airplanes ago.)

No they don't. The limit is 67 degrees. At 35 degrees, (IIRC) the airplane will tell you it doesn't like it, but it won't stop you there.

And that is in Normal Law. In Alternate Law, (Again, IIRC) you can pretty much do what you want. (Maybe it was Direct Law. Been too long and too many airplanes ago.)

Almost entirely right. You can hold it in up to 67 degrees but it will roll out to ~33 degrees if you neutralize the sidekick. 45 degrees is the limit in high AOA mode. No limits in Alternate law.

Back