Forgot to list broken leg treatment on medexpress.

G

I filled out my medexpress and forgot to list doctor visits related to a broken leg a couple years back. Idk why, it's all healed and a non issue, but for some reason I spaced it on the application.

I was cleared and good to go for my class 1.

Is there any process for updating that form? Or should I just move on considering it doesn't affect me.

Call your AME and ask?

i had ACL surgery in 1995. I mentioned it to my AME - and his response was the FAA doesnt care about that - especially almost 30 years ago. . .Bet you cant even get your medical records on it (he was probably more than correct). But it is a bit disconcerting.

Submitting a 8500-8 Omission Declaration is one option. Unfortunately there's not much (nothing) your AME can do once they've submitted your application to the FAA. From an enforcement standpoint, the FAA's response would be proportional to your omission. Expect a severe response if you "accidentally" left off seizures, strokes, alcohol or drug addiction, bipolar, etc. If the mistake is a demonstratively an honest mistake regarding a long-ago cough/cold or healed injury, they'll typically give you a chance to correct the record without penalty.

Attachments

• 8500-8 OmissionsDeclaration.pdf
    182.1 KB · Views: 110
Submitting a 8500-8 Omission Declaration is one option. Unfortunately there's not much (nothing) your AME can do once they've submitted your application to the FAA. From an enforcement standpoint, the FAA's response would be proportional to your omission. Expect a severe response if you "accidentally" left off seizures, strokes, alcohol or drug addiction, bipolar, etc. If the mistake is a demonstratively an honest mistake regarding a long-ago cough/cold or healed injury, they'll typically give you a chance to correct the record without penalty.
If it is not a condition on the form I'm assuming I'd just contact my AME to see if the correction is noteworthy?

If it is not a condition on the form I'm assuming I'd just contact my AME to see if the correction is noteworthy?
MedXPress ask "have you ever in your life". For conditions that don't fit neatly under heading, there's question 18x which ask about any conditions, disabilities, or.surgeries.

Your AME isn't the authority on whether something is noteworthy. They might opine one way or the other, but that's really not particularly relevant.

You should have listed it. The question whether or not you choose to correct the record before your next exam.

I use my notes on the phone. I list the date, doctor, and reason. When it comes time for the medical just copy your notes, easy peasy.

They should allow for a Ercoupe exemptions for any type of leg injury since the ailerons are tied into the rudder

Back