Forgive me for this, but Ipad Mini or Nexus 7?

I also have Avare on my HTC EVO 3D and I am very impressed. I use it sparingly while training in a rental Cherokee 180 that has an IFLY 700 by Adventure Pilot and the moving maps in Avare are comparable. I just ordered the Nexus 7 online and when it arrives Monday, I'm going to load all of the available 30 day trials and get a sense of them all.

I use an HTC Evo 3D Android phone to run Avare, which is completely free! It has full sectionals and I've used it to pull up an approach plate in a pinch. The airport diagrams are geo-referenced and are useful for taxiing at larger airports.

After May 2013 I may finally bite the bullet and buy a Nexus 7 to run Avare. If I did lots of long IFR trips I might get Garmin Pilot because of it's superior flight planning abilities. Avare is a great moving map though.

Supposedly some new version of the Nexus tablet is coming out in May, not sure if it's a new 10" or 7" tablet at this point.

I understand that. I actually just bought a N7 to use when I do start flying again. I was just blown away by the cost of the ADS-B. But what I was referencing was your comment about it being better than anything under a 796. It should be better, that combo costs more than anything under a 796.

Well, for a fairer apples-to-apples comparison, we would have to throw in the 496, 696, and AvMap. The Nexus 7 costs a tiny fraction of any of them.

I use an HTC Evo 3D Android phone to run Avare, which is completely free! It has full sectionals and I've used it to pull up an approach plate in a pinch. The airport diagrams are geo-referenced and are useful for taxiing at larger airports.

After May 2013 I may finally bite the bullet and buy a Nexus 7 to run Avare. If I did lots of long IFR trips I might get Garmin Pilot because of it's superior flight planning abilities. Avare is a great moving map though.

Supposedly some new version of the Nexus tablet is coming out in May, not sure if it's a new 10" or 7" tablet at this point.

Yep, I'm waiting for the new Nexus 7, too. Since our dog managed to break Mary's Nexus 7, I'm gonna give her my "old" one and get the new one when it comes out.
:D

Yep, I'm waiting for the new Nexus 7, too. Since our dog managed to break Mary's Nexus 7, I'm gonna give her my "old" one and get the new one when it comes out.
:D

May I ask what happened?

This is my only minor complaint with the Nexus 7 so far. It does not seem to be built to the same standard as the iPad. Apple products just seem to be built better. For the price point, I'm OK with that. I would expect more had I forked over the extra dough for an iPad Mini. Considering what I'm getting for $200, the N7 is still a great deal.

On a related note, I personally bore witness to an iPhone 5 fall--not once--not twice--but three times into a lake while I was on vacation. (Not me, I wouldn't cop to it if I were the culprit...it was my bro-in-law. :D) The phone was fine.

Back