Forgive me for not posting this is "Cleared for the Approach" but...

Comic-Con is always in San Diego. Pity that it's turned into a highly commercialized venue for the studios to announce films, tv and video games. Used to be the most fun. Now, if you're lucky or willing to spend big bucks, you might get a good seat at the panels.

Comic-Con is always in San Diego. Pity that it's turned into a highly commercialized venue for the studios to announce films, tv and video games. Used to be the most fun. Now, if you're lucky or willing to spend big bucks, you might get a good seat at the panels.
I didn't know that. I haven't been to one and though the regional conventions were the same organization.

Wait, that's a REAL plate?
Wow, didn't know there were nerds in the FAA.

Plates tailored to each locality can be fun. Such as the ZZTOP waypoint over LaGrange, TX. :)
(there are MANY more good ones but this one is my favorite)

When I was a TERPS, I got to name a few fixes to my airport but all the good ones were already taken.

Wait, that's a REAL plate?
Wow, didn't know there were nerds in the FAA.

Plates tailored to each locality can be fun. Such as the ZZTOP waypoint over LaGrange, TX. :)
(there are MANY more good ones but this one is my favorite)

Sure. There is also a Peanuts approach at KSTS (Charles M. Schultz Airport). RNAV 32. And a Coors arrival at Denver. And WWAVS and SERFR arrivals at SFO where most of the waypoints are surfing terms (SERFR, NRRLI, WWAVS, WPOUT, MVRKK, EPICK, EDDYY, SWELS).

And of course my favorite Grateful Dead ODP from SFO (TRUKN TWO): HYPEE, TYDYE, COSMC, GRTFL, DEDHD.

Who accused the TERPS guys of not having a sense of humor?

Last edited:
Used to be the most fun. Now, if you're lucky or willing to spend big bucks, you might get a good seat at the panels.
Nobody told me I wasn't supposed to be having fun :p Never been to a panel, don't plan on camping for any. Always one of the best weekends of my year.

Nauga,
and the things he has seen...

Anyone who thinks the FAA doesn't have a sense of humor need only look at the RNAV(GPS) 16 to KPSM (Pease Field in Portsmouth, NH). Attached...

Attachments

• 00678r16.pdf
    242 KB · Views: 28
Years ago I made a pseudo-STAR plate for the party we hosted at our house after the Udvar-Hazy flyin. It was the PARTY ONE arrival and it had transitions for the museum itself, the FBO at IAD, and the local hotel. It was one of the few times I ever got to write THENCE on something. John King thought it was a hoot (though he had more fun playing with my soda gun once he got to the house).

I know almost nothing about comics, but I find it funny how the "chart not to scale" note is a different size from all the other notes right next to it.

The FRDMM arrival into DCA is another neat one. Cool!IMG_1497.jpg

Back