Forget O2 on the cheap, THIS is what you need

Plonkywonk

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Plonkywonk
A personal pressurization bubble. I have applied for a patent on it so don't even try to rip it off.

The concept is a air tight high quality acrylic bubble that fits over your head and shoulders fed by a small electrically powered compressor. The compressor provides air at 10 PSI and there is a little outflow valve that regulates the internal pressure. No need to buy an expensive pressurized plane and no need for expensive oxygen refilling systems that always seem to run out anyway when one of the fat little piggies riding with you decides to turn the O2 way up and snivel it away.

A personal pressurization bubble. I have applied for a patent on it so don't even try to rip it off.

The concept is a air tight high quality acrylic bubble that fits over your head and shoulders fed by a small electrically powered compressor. The compressor provides air at 10 PSI and there is a little outflow valve that regulates the internal pressure. No need to buy an expensive pressurized plane and no need for expensive oxygen refilling systems that always seem to run out anyway when one of the fat little piggies riding with you decides to turn the O2 way up and snivel it away.

I wonder what 5 PSI differential end-to-end will do to your guts.

I feel like plonky is one of us.
Perhaps sac... Maybe ed...

Been here before, same recipe.
Questions, loony talk, hints that give away he is likely a pilot, then the delusions of grandeur.

Definitely a POA member. But who(m)?

Sorry maybe not delusions.
Maybe we really are in the presence of greatness

Much better, yes. I do have my moments of weakness and self doubt. I will bare my soul right here and right now and admit that. Generally, though, I astound even myself sometimes.

Been wondering about green and former flight experience with FZRA and

What about passengers? What about when compressor fails, circuit breaker pops, or the alternator fails and the electrical system goes offline?

I don't see it...

hqdefault.jpg

Questions, loony talk, hints that give away he is likely a pilot, then the delusions of grandeur.

6PC's alter ego. :yes:

If I let my cpap go over about 0.14 psi it gets uncomfortable. I don't think your idea will work very well.

Many are wondering: Who is this godlike creature in our presence? I am not prepared to reveal at this time... Other that to say that I am a huge fan of POA. I have been lurking here for years. I am not here to hurt the community in any way.

I am here to help and impart my wisdom.

Many are wondering: Who is this godlike creature in our presence? I am not prepared to reveal at this time... Other that to say that I am a huge fan of POA. I have been lurking here for years. I am not here to hurt the community in any way.

I am here to help and impart my wisdom.

Klaatu: We have come to visit you in peace and with goodwill.
The Day the Earth Stood Still, 1951

Equally spooky - and more of a time sink in the case of P-w.

Last edited:
I wonder what 5 PSI differential end-to-end will do to your guts.

It would keep the blood out of your brain, greatly reducing the need for oxygen. And it would making breathing impossible anyway, forcing air into your lungs and keeping it there.

What about passengers? What about when compressor fails, circuit breaker pops, or the alternator fails and the electrical system goes offline?

I don't see it...

Each passenger will have their own system similar to the way in an O2 system each passenger has their own mask.

The cost and effort to pressurize bubbles around each passenger's head is still less than trying to pressurize an entire plane.

As for compressor failing, etc, all that other stuff you mention, the same argument can be made for pressurization systems today. For turbine engines it comes from bleed air which goes away if the engine stops... For a single turboprop we have the same issue as what I'm talking about.

This could work. Why pressurize the whole damn plane when you only need to pressurize the passengers?

Each passenger will have their own system similar to the way in an O2 system each passenger has their own mask.

The cost and effort to pressurize bubbles around each passenger's head is still less than trying to pressurize an entire plane.

As for compressor failing, etc, all that other stuff you mention, the same argument can be made for pressurization systems today. For turbine engines it comes from bleed air which goes away if the engine stops... For a single turboprop we have the same issue as what I'm talking about.

This could work. Why pressurize the whole damn plane when you only need to pressurize the passengers?

You would save on oxygen too, since once the user's lungs inflated, they would stay that way, saving even more money.

why not have a bubble with a tube connected to it that goes down to ~5000ft...

This is almost as good as a treadmill.... ;)

What happens when the pilot sneezes and fills the inside glass of his bubble with snot?

This is almost as good as a treadmill.... ;)

What happens when the pilot sneezes and fills the inside glass of his bubble with snot?
Then clearly his time is up

It would keep the blood out of your brain, greatly reducing the need for oxygen. And it would making breathing impossible anyway, forcing air into your lungs and keeping it there.
Actually would likely lead to barotraumatic lung collapse and pressure pneumothoraces in very short order. 5 PSI equals about 260mm Hg pressure. When using positive pressure ventilation in the ICU we sometimes use continuous positive pressure, but 15mm Hg is considered high and will lead to barotrauma to the lungs.
Wonkyplonk, back to the drawing board. Back to your mother's basement. Back to lurking.....

Last edited:
System comes with a cork. ;)

You don't get it, that pressure differential would be constant, so your guts and their contents will blow out the bottom end, if your bloated stomach won't explode before then. And that's assuming you could keep the pressure from leaking noisily around the shoulder seal. My bet is on 6PC, btw. If it's not him, it's a good imitator. :)

You don't get it, that pressure differential would be constant, so your guts and their contents will blow out the bottom end, if your bloated stomach won't explode before then. And that's assuming you could keep the pressure from leaking noisily around the shoulder seal. My bet is on 6PC, btw. If it's not him, it's a good imitator. :)
The lack of numerous references to man parts speaks strongly against it being 6PC, IMHO.

Can it have a Cliff Bar window? I like to eat a Cliff Bar on long legs. Maybe another one higher up, so I can put on my sunglasses? Or a tint option, like photo grey lenses. . .and a gym membership, so I can get my diaphram in good shape for pressure breathing?

Little tricky rendering aid to the air sick passenger aspirating his vomit, though, when single pilot. In place of an air dam, we could duct tape it would on. . .

The MC can vouch that that it's not me.

Back