Foreflight Weather and Imagery issue?

RussR

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Russ
Anybody else having this issue? I did send an email to Foreflight, and will let you know what they say.

I am using Foreflight on an iPad Air 2. Starting yesterday I am getting some kind of an error with the weather (TAF/METAR/MOS/Winds Aloft) and the imagery. Neither is loading. I do have a solid internet connection, as proven by me downloading chart updates before and after I was seeing this issue.

First, it comes up with no weather information for any airport. See below. These are airports with weather reporting like KOKC as shown. Notice that on the Winds Aloft there is a “Marker Database” comment I’ve never seen before.

1.png

Then, for the imagery, it just won’t pull any up, as if I’m not connected to the internet:

2.png

Is this a problem for other users as well, or just me?

Working here. Reboot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that a one-time occurrence or has it been a consistent problem? Can you reproduce it today?

Do you have WIFI turned on? What service is selected? Sometimes my IPAD connects to a public wifi, but the connection is so slow, or broken, that I get similar errors. When that happens I can either select a good WIFI server, or turn off wifi and use a cellular connection and it will work.

It started yesterday and is still doing it today. Never seen it before. I was at home on good wifi.

Foreflight responded and asked me to send them a diagnostic file, then force Foreflight to close and start it back up. I'll have to do that later.

then force Foreflight to close and start it back up
Don't forget to reboot your iPad. Hold down the power and Home key simultaneously until the Apple logo re appears. This might aid in getting the FF electrons to line up in the right places.

My ForeFlight Wx is working. Are you able to access data in other apps like Safari?

Don't forget to reboot your iPad. Hold down the power and Home key simultaneously until the Apple logo re appears. This might aid in getting the FF electrons to line up in the right places.

Only do that style of forced reboot in the case of a screen freeze, otherwise a normal shutdown and startup accomplishes the same thing without the risks of a hard reboot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back