Foreflight users (and such)

FlySince9

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry
This may be a dumb question, and if so please forgive my senior moment...

I was messing with the GNS 430 simulator... I had built a flightplan in foreflight and was loading it into the Sim. I had created a user waypoint in Foreflight and when I tried to put it in the 430 it was not possible, why you might ask...because the waypoint in foreflight is at
35.43N/80.85W how is that even possible? What am I missing here?

punch 35.43N 80.85W into google maps and it'll convert it to the format u need.

34.43 degrees to deg min sec
0.43 degrees * 60 minutes/degree = 0.43*60 = 25.8 minutes
0.8 minutes * 60 seconds/minutes = 48 seconds
34.43N = 34d 25' 48"N

Nauga,
who's got that kinda time

34.43 degrees to deg min sec
0.43 degrees * 60 minutes/degree = 0.43*60 = 25.8 minutes
0.8 minutes * 60 seconds/minutes = 48 seconds
34.43N = 34d 25' 48"N

Nauga,
who's got that kinda time

My 1984 HP calculator [cost two months' rent back in the day, a great bargain as it still works!] converts from decimal hours to Hours.Minutes Seconds at the push of a button. And converts back at the push of a different button. Haven't checked the various calculators on my 21st century phones, but my expectations are pretty low . . .

Haven't checked the various calculators on my 21st century phones, but my expectations are pretty low . . .
That's one reason I like to understand the math behind stuff. My phone will do it, just as described ;)

Nauga,
trying to find the fund in fundamentals

That's one reason I like to understand the math behind stuff. My phone will do it, just as described ;)

Nauga,
trying to find the fund in fundamentals

So do I, and so will mine. But it's so nice to enter the numbers and press "HMS+" and not worry about dividing the minutes by 60 and seeing what's left over to convert back into minutes and seconds.

Back