ForeFlight Training

Tfoster100

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I'm wondering what are some of best sources for ForeFlight training and tips. I've been looking on YouTube but wondering if anyone has some favorite sites or resources. I've been using it for a year or so and learning as I go. But I am guessing there is a lot more tricks and tips I could use. I have done a search on this site but curious what folks think. Also what are some of your favorite uses. Especially with some of the recent releases.

Thanks

The ForeFlight User Guide is the definitive document on it. Available inside the app under Documents.

Definitely read the User guide, and then sit back and play with it at home. Very user friendly.

What they said, plus the videos on FF's YouTube channel

Thanks. I love ForeFlight. Will study the guide and more videos. Mike I'm out of town this week but want to meet up with you guys. I'm flying out of Denton more now. Will try to make the next event.

You will see FF seminars advertised from time to time, even on FAASafety.gov for Wings credit. Whether you do something like that or go the self-taught route, unless you are going to do some of it with a CFI in flight, I'd recommend two things (any EFB, not just FF):

1. On those first few flights, bring a "safety pilot." As you learn to use it in real situations, you will go heads-down a lot due to lack of familiarity.

2. Make one of those self-training flights a cross country so you get a bigger picture of what it does and how to do it. For example, when I did these, I would fly along and suddenly, "need" to divert to another airport.

The ForeFlight User Guide is the definitive document on it. Available inside the app under Documents.

^^^ same as "read the POH?"

Be very cautious with the "tablet product" seminars you see advertised. They are often sales demos for mounts and crap and spend very little time on functions.

I attended a couple of the wings credit things and escaped without buying the "mother of all" suction mounts. Not surprisingly they didn't talk much about the different apps (which I thought was the goal) but they talked a lot about THEIR mounts.

At Osh 2015 I did attend a Garmin seminar about Garmin Pilot. They only talked about GP with limited discussion of appliance. At that time there were some differences between Android and iOS version. I don't know if that is still true, since I stopped using tablets in the cockpit shortly thereafter.

Back